Four 四 사

2019.04.17 Wednesday
0208hours

"Yoongi, I can't just open up to you. Or anyone for that matter. You have to get that, please. A lot of things, are really just need-to-know basis. If you ask, and I am comfortable enough to tell you, I promise I will tell you. I can't bear to love someone because I'm fragile and vulnerable, I'm not ready. Neither am I ready for someone to love me because I have a commitment problem. Talking about things, is about me being to trust that person.

And yes, I would trust you with my life. But not with my heart, not yet. You pushed me so hard, I got scared. If you had been a girl I'd know how to handle you and your questions. It's would have been easy to push or deflect them away. But you, oh boy, you... you are just stubborn and headstrong. You just want to get to the point. When I ran, I was not only facing pressure from you. I was getting pressure from everywhere. So I got overwhelmed and I ran."

It was true. You had started to feel overwhelmed by the amount of stress you were facing from work, from Yoongi and most of all yourself. You were lonely, but you had to interact with people to deal with issues, issues that made things worse for you.

Work had been hectic and busy and even though it was on track in terms of career progression, the people you dealt with made you want to go crazy. The cafe was another thing that needed your attention but you didn't tell Mina that you were having a hard time. You were burning out badly and everyone at work could see it.

Your friends were all getting married and having kids and it made you wonder why is it that, this thing in life, was something you had wanted all your life, and yet, it seemed so unattainable. You couldn't get out of your mess to do something about it. Wedding invitations and baby showers only served to remind you of it. Your parents' nagging wormed inside you. All down to one question "When is it going to be your turn?" You can only smile and say, "Soon."

The ones who had known about your past history has either gone out of your life, or felt that it was time for you to move on. They don't understand that it's something that works on your timetable, not what they think is the appropriate schedule. They didn't understand how frightening it was to open up and be vulnerable, to be afraid of showing your heart to someone at the risk of them leaving. They didn't understand why you're stuck.

You wanted time to let go of things, and the one place you had to relax, Yoongi had made it another stress point for you.

"Why do you like coffee?"
"What do you do for work?"
"Do you have siblings?"
"How were your ex-boyfriends like?"
"What are you going to be up to today?"
"Where exactly do you stay?"
"Why were you crying in the cafe? At 3am in the morning no less."
"Where are your friends? Aren't they supposed to be your support system?"
"Why are you single?"

You got sick of the endless personal invasion with his questions, "If you want to know so much, go get a girlfriend and interrogate her instead of me."

Obligations and accountability pulled and weighed you down. Everything was just making you heavy.

The final straw was when you were waiting for a taxi home, and you scrolled through your social media. It was what you saw that just pushed you over the edge. The rage, the bitterness, the disappointment in yourself was all encompassing that all you wanted to do was to curl up and sob.

And the one place you had to turn to for comfort was right behind you. You had turned around, wanting to seek that comfort, but you just couldn't.

You couldn't bring yourself to face Yoongi after the words you threw in his face. The tears came and didn't stop for hours.

You didn't sleep that night.

Your boss saw the condition you were in and offered you the business trip, just to break out of the routine and gave you additional time off after the official trip. It was bringing morale down in the office as well.

You took it.

"Come home Y/N."

You snap back to the present upon hearing his voice.

"I'll let it go. I want you to feel safe with me. Not fragile, not vulnerable, no pressure. I understand why now, with what I am. I'm sorry if I pushed you too hard."

You look at him, contemplating, looking into his eyes. All you see is worry and sincerity.

"Alright. But let me finish my coffee first will ya?"

    ▬▬ι══════════════ι▬▬    

A/N: Hey guys, so sorry about not updating, this period has been a busy one for me, with me being sick and then all the exchanges I've been up to (broke ass me =() Well, in any case, hope you guys enjoy this chapter and happy holidays! ^_^