31>Confessions of a Kennedy? (EDITIED)

Grab some popcorn and brace yourselfs for this chapter

2 weeks later

A week ago we had came back from Vegas, It was nice to get away for a week but now we are back to reality and facing some massive issues.
Last night I received a phone call from the hospital, The doctor told me that my mother had been took in as she was very ill. The doctors still didn't know the reasons of why she was ill but she was.
Graham and I were in the hospital visiting my mother. Over the past few months, Graham and I had became so much closer and I felt as though I could talk to him about anything.

"How you feeling mum?" I said walking into the room.
"I could be so much better darling" She said before hugging and and then placing a gentle kiss on Grahams lips.
"Have the figured out what's wrong?" Graham asked before taking a seat.
"They think I have Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease" She said.
"What does that mean?" Graham and I both said.
"COPD, Its a long term lung disease and it makes breathing very difficult. That's why I'm hooked up to these machines."
"Is it fatal Mum?"
"I really don't know darling"
I put my head down low and started crying. I didn't know what to do.

-----------
A few weeks later

My mum was getting progressively worse, doctors said that she may only have days left.
Graham, Elisha and I all tried to make her last few days her best.
"Mum" A man said walking into the room.
I turned round only to see my Older brothers and Sister.
"Shawn, Caleb, Noah, Katie Oh my god!" I said rushing towards them.
"Elle, where the fuck have you been" Katie said hugging me tighter than you could imagine.
"I could ask you the same question" I replied.
"Who is he" My brothers asked, pointing to Jj.
"Oh guys, this is my husband Jj, Babe these are my brothers, Shawn, Caleb and Noah."
"Husband? Since when?" Shawn asked while shaking Jj's hand.
"Since about a month ago" I replied hugging into Jj.
"Well what can we say, Welcome to the family" Noah and Caleb said also shaking Jj's hand.
We all sat down and spoke about our childhood and stuff.

"Elle I'm so sorry for leaving you with that man, Its just I found out the truth and I couldn't bare to see that man anymore" Shawn said holding my hand.
"Truth? What do you mean? What truth?"
"Mum, you haven't told her have you?" he said looking at mum.
"What truth, Mum tell me"
It was silent for a few moments before Graham decided to speak up.
"Patrick Kennedy isn't your real father Elle, I am..." He said looking at me.
"Wait what, what do you mean" 

"Elle, Graham and I were together long before Patrick and I was. Graham and I had a really big falling out around the time that you were conceived and we never spoke for a few months. Patrick and I met during those few months and he thought that you were his baby but you weren't, the dates didn't add up but I couldn't tell Patrick that. Graham raised you until the age of about 6 and that's when Patrick realised that I was having an affair. He took you and Shawn to live with him and then everything happened. I was waiting for the right time to tell you but Your real name is Elle-Louise Marie Remington not Kennedy." My mother told me.
I burst out into tears and Jj held me.
"My whole life has been a lie, I've grown up thinking that Patrick was my father but really my real fathers been here the whole time"
"Elle, please don't be angry, I know this may not make sense but its true"
"Mum are you mad, of course I'm not angry. Graham.... I mean Dad? He's a great man, anyone would be lucky enough to have him as a father." I said smiling at Graham.
"Come here" Gra... I mean My dad said.
I practically ran into his arms giving him a massive hug. I turned back to look at my mother, only to see her eyes closed with a smile on her face.
"I love you all" She whispered.
And those were my mothers last words, she took her last breath a moment after and that's when we realised that was it. Her life no longer here but her spirt was.
Our family would never be the same again, my mother was the only one that held the pieces together. Leigh was far too young to understand what happened to her mother, her being only a few months old.
Jj and I left the hospital that night in tears. Even though Jj never really knew my mother well enough It still hurt him.
We went home and told everyone what had happened. I wasn't up for talking so I just went to bed, realization only hit me when I didn't receive that goodnight text from Mum. That night I cried myself to sleep.

Quite a confusing, emotional chapter.
Honestly I cried.
Thanks for reading x