Ch. 24 A Dark and Stormy Night

8:00 pm on a cloudy rainy day.

Weiss, Blake, and Y/n are at the Beacon docks Weiss is in a very fashionable warm coat with a tiny umbrella to keep her dry. Blake is dressed in a giant overcoat with the hood up and standing very close to Weiss to get under her umbrella, Y/n meanwhile is in a standard blue raincoat that is far less warm than the other two, so Y/n is natterly a little cold.

Y/n pov

Today is when Ruby and Yang are coming back form Patch, They were scheduled to arrive 5 minutes ago, and I am getting a little restless, I really want to see them, but the main reason is...

Y/n: I...it's sssssssoooooo cccccooollllld.

Weiss: Yes it is, but I am sure the bullhead will arrive soon.

And as if the pilot heard Weiss' comment because not a minute later, the bullhead arrives and docks right in front of us, and as soon as the hanger door opens a streak of rose pedals come rushing out the bullhead at breakneck speed and engulf Weiss and Blake in a hug.

Ruby: ohhhh I have missed so much.

Weiss: You have not been gone that long Ruby.

Ruby: Weiss tender moment remember!

Weiss: *sigh* I missed you too Ruby.

Blake: Me too Ruby.

Yang: Hey about me!?

Weiss: I missed you too.

Y/n: M..me tttwo *teeth chattering*

Yang turns to me and gives me a look of worry when she sees just how cold I am.

Yang: Oh my gosh babe you alright?

Y/n: *nods*

Yang thang puts her coat around me and looks to that others

Yang: Can we go inside, please.

Y/n: T.t.t.thanks Babe.

We soon make it inside, and we all took our wet jackets and boots off, and team RWBY both sit on the bottom bunks facing each other, Weiss and Blake where on Weiss' bed and Ruby and Yang were on Blakes bed and Ruby's stomach growls in hunger.

Ruby: Oh, you guys would not happen to have anything to eat by chance?

Blake: Well it just so happens that, Y/n wanted to make us a Chicken Curry, for dinner.

As soon as she says that Ruby and Yang look at me with a surprised look.

Yang: Hey you never told me you can cook!

Y/n: Well, I can cook a few things, except for dumplings.

Ruby: Wait, why not dumplings?

Y/n: That is a long story, any way you seem hungry so I am going to go start to work on that chicken curry, I will be back in a few minutes.

I then go to the kitchen and start to make the necessary preparations.

Team RWBY pov

Yang: Man, brawn, brains, and cooking skill I tell you I hit the jackpot.

Ruby: Awww!

Weiss: *Ahem*, Of course, anyway I believe you were going to tell us how your retreat was.

Yang: Not much to tell really, we all hung out as a family visited mom and talked about our time here and Beacon, and walked around the old neighborhood.

Ruby: We played Monopoly, picked strawberries, visited mom, and that's about it.

Blake: I am sorry it must be a sad day.