Ch. 37 Invasion of Vale (Spider-Man)

VNN Main Company Broadcast Building

Y/n Pov

Spider-Man: Otto, what have you done?

Doc Ock: What's necessary Y/n.

I was about to ask for Clarification but I hold that thought when all the TV screen in town, shut off for a few seconds before powering back on showing those annoying color bars, along with its trademark white noise coming out of the speakers, but then all of a sudden they all show a black queen chess piece with a red background. 

T.V.: Hello everyone, allow me to introduce myself my name is Salem.

Salem, That's a creepy name, I think it's time I got some answers from the Doctor Octopus himself.

Spider-Man: *Walks to Otto* Otto what are you and Norman doing!? Who is Salem!?

Doc Ock: Well due to our past friendship, I feel inclined to answer.  

Oh how very thoughtful of you Doc.

Doc Ock: Salem is the one fighting Ozpin in this war and it's only a matter a time before their conflict destroys the entire world.  Norman just wants to bring peace to it, but you can't have peace without bloodshed, and with the Technovore Virus we installed in the Atlas Mainframe well will do just that.

Oh god with the Virus in those Robots, and prison inmates free, the fallout will be catastrophic.

Spider-Man: You're a monster.

Doc Ock: Yes, but sometimes you need a monster to fight other monsters, like Ozpin and Salem.

So if what Otto says is true then that can't be Salem on the TV if she and Ozpin have been fighting for how long he says it makes no sense as to why she would publicly threaten him like this.

Spider-Man: But what does Norman have to gain by pretending to be Salem?

Doc Ock: Oh that would be telling you to much Y/n.

Spider-Man: Come on Otto I beat you, you can just withhold information.

Doc Ock: Well, unlike you *Reaches into a secure pocket and pulls out a spare control chip* I bring backups of my equipment.

He then quickly inserts it into the back of the control panel of the arms. turning them back on again.

He then grabs my neck and chest with his arms and pins me to the roof,

Spider-Man: Ack!

Doc Ock: I wish I could stick around, but unfortunately I have another matter to attend to.

Otto then grabs my left web shooter and crushes it in his grip.  He then throws me across the roof and starts to run the other way making great speed with his four arms. 

Spider-Man: OW!

As I get up and collect my barrings I hear the cries of people in the city, in the distance, and I look down to see Atlas robots on the march toward those cries, then I hear maniacal laughter coming from the skies, I look only to see the Goblin flying around on his glider.  I have to stop this, and the first step would be purging those bucket heads of the Technovore virus, and there is only one person that can do that.

3rd Pov

He gets up, looks around and sees Otto about three buildings away and moving, so on instinct, he makes a thwiping gesture with his hand. But soon remembers that they where both destroyed. He then shakes his head in annoyance.

Spider-Man: Oh come on! Well, guess I am doing this the old fashioned way.

He then proceeds to run after Otto, and the chase begins.  The two of them are leaping across buildings.  The Doctor attempts to slow him down by grabbing chunks of the roof and throwing them at Y/n, but it doesn't faze Y/n as he just dodges them or jumps off of them.