Ch. 36 Invasion of Vale (RWBY)

Team RWBY Dorm

The girls are still watching the VNN broadcast of Spider-Mans fight with Doc Ock

RWBY Pov

News Caster: And it seems that Spider-Man has defeated this Doctor Octopus.

Ruby: YESSSSS! HE DID IT!

Weiss: *Relieved* Oh thank goodness he did it.

Blake: I guess this means the nightmare is over. 

Blake: *whispers* Scarlet and Sunn can rest.

Yang: See I told you mah man would do it!

VNN: And it seems like Spider-Man, is getting up and walking to the former Beacon professor. Let's get a closer look.

They watch as the camera zooms in, the footage takes a bit to clear up but when it does they could see that Y/n is wearing a new suit.

Ruby: Hey look he made a new suit!

Blake: Looks like it has armor plating.

Weiss: How the hell did he make that so fast!? Any ideas Yang?

Yang: He is smart I'm really not surprised he made one so fast.

The girls mini celebration when they hear the explosion from the TV, as well as outside in the distance, and the News Caster's helicopter starts shaking until the feed is cut, and all that is left are the SMPTE color bars, Yang dashed over to the window to try and find the source of that explosion.

Ruby: What was that!?

Yang: That came from the prison!

Weiss; Oh that's not good.

As she says that the SMPTE color bars on the T.V. go away and it is replaced with a black queen chess piece with a red background, a deep disguised voice started talking.

T.V.: Hello everyone, allow me to introduce myself my name is Salem.

RWBY: Who?

T.V.: And I am here to bring you the truth that your precious guardian angle Ozpin keeps from you.

Ruby: Uhh what's going on?

T.V.: He has never cared about protecting humanity, the four academies were not built to train heroes but to use them as a defense to keep people from the power that hides inside these walls, and he will go as far to guard it with thousands of untrained warriors.

Weiss: That's nonsense.

T.V.: He always suspected I would attack Beacon, from the inside, but in his misguided judgment to protect the school he has forgotten one thing, the people of the city.

T.V.: Vale is full of people whom Ozpin has chosen to ignore by choosing to fortify Beacon to protect his secrets rather than the people he is supposed to protect.  Thus I will show him how many lives his ignorance will cost, as you might have heard the Invasion of your city has already begun and if any Beacon students are watching, I say if you want to save any loved ones you might have...I suggest you hurry.

Then the broadcast ends and the screen goes back to the SMPTE color bars, then all of a sudden another explosion can be heard, then an alarm goes off the intercom and then Professor Goodwitch's voice is heard.

Goodwitch(intercom): All students proceed to the bullhead landing to be deployed in Vale Immediately!

The girls were a little scatterbrained, as this was a lot to take in at once.

Ruby: L..lets go!

Weiss: Wait if every student is going then who is going to defend the school?