Dark 🕯

You sat in your house alone and afraid. It was a dark, rainy night and there was a very bad thunderstorm going on right now.

After one more bright flash and another loud boom, your lights flickered and your power went out.

You picked up your phone and quickly dialed your boyfriend Charlie's number. You could not sit in your dark house in a thunderstorm all by yourself. It was too scary for you to handle.

Charlie picked up the phone on the second ring.

"Hey, Y/N."

"Charlie, can you come to my house to stay with me?"

"Are you scared of the dark?" He teased.

"Charlie! My power is out and there's a thunderstorm! I'm not scared of the dark," you lied.

"Ok, ok. I'm coming. I'll be there in 10, ok?"

"Ok. Thanks, Charlie," you said before hanging up.

You went upstairs and got a bunch of blankets and brought them downstairs. You piled them onto the couch and sat in them, just waiting for Charlie to come.

Another lightning bolt lit up the room and you screamed. You covered your ears when the thunder crashed.

The rain tapped loudly at your windows and you cuddled up in your blankets. As every minute went by, you got even more scared.

Finally, after what seemed like forever, Charlie showed up. You let him in quickly.

He walked into your house in his pajamas.

"Hi, Charlie," you said. "I brought all of my blankets down here."

He laughed and cuddled into them with you.

"Y/N, you are scared of the dark, aren't you," he whispered. You nodded after a few seconds and then he gently kissed your head as he held you in his strong arms.

A strike of lightning made your living room look like day and the thunder rolled.

Charlie hugged you tighter, but you didn't feel afraid. Being with Charlie made it feel way better and less scary.

You both sat in the blankets for a while hugging each other tightly. Eventually, you both fell asleep as the thunder and lightning calmed down.

________

😍 this one's the cutest one i've written in a while