0010 (2)

(A/N: I forgot to mention that all of the numbers of the chapters will be in binary mainly because it helps me study for computer science and because it kinda fits the story ya know? If you're ever dying to know the chapter number I guess you can probably just Google it? Maybe eventually I'll just put the actual decimal numbers next to the chapter numbers, we'll see.)

The Captain's Request

--Flashback Continued--

As you and Connor get up from your chairs to start walking towards Fowler's office, you see Hank grumpily making his way to the office as well. You take a quick look at the clock. It's 11:59 A.M.

"You actually did it today, Hank. Good for you." You thought to yourself.

"Does Lieutenant Anderson always look this angry?" Connor asks, snapping you out of your thoughts.

"I'd say he does probably about 97% of the time," You say jokingly. Connor didn't seem to get your joke, and he donned a confused, but intense look on his face. He was thinking too hard about it. You touched Connor on the shoulder.

"Don't think too hard about it Connor. I'm kidding." You say, giggling slightly.

His expression relaxes as you step into Fowler's office. You shut the door behind all of you and Fowler makes one last click on his computer before turning in his chair to face the three of you.

"I've got ten new cases involving androids on my desk every day," Fowler starts, "We've always had isolated incidents, old ladies losing their androids maids and that kind of crap. But now, we're getting reports of assaults and even homicide, like that guy last night."

As Fowler drones on, Hank starts to look even more and more uneasy.

"This isn't just CyberLife's problem anymore, it's now a criminal investigation and we've gotta deal with it before the shit hits the fan. I want you to investigate these cases and see if there's any link," Fowler finishes.

"Why me?" Hank retorts, "Why do I gotta be the one to deal with this shit? I am the least qualified cop in the country to handle this case. I know jack shit about androids, Jeffrey! I can barely change the settings on my own phone!"

"Everybody's overloaded! I think you're perfectly qualified for this type of investigation!"

"Bullshit!" Hank yells, causing you to step back a bit. You notice that Connor seems unfazed by all of this. "The truth is, nobody wants to investigate these fuckin' androids and you left me holdin' the bag!"

Fowler breathes before continuing, "CyberLife sent over this android to help with the investigation. It's a state-of-the-art prototype. It'll act as your partner."

"No fuckin' way! I don't need another partner, and certainly not this plastic prick!" Hank exclaims as he points to Connor.

"Hank, you are seriously starting to piss me off! You are a police lieutenant, you are supposed to do what I say and shut your goddamn mouth!"

"You know what my goddamn mouth has to say to you, huh?"

Fowler holds a hand up to Hank to cut him off. You start to wonder why Fowler called you into his office if he was just going to scream at Hank for five minutes.

"Ok, ok. I'll pretend like I didn't hear that, so I don't have to add any more pages to your disciplinary folder 'cause it already looks like a fuckin' novel! This conversation is over!"

You start to turn to leave Fowler's office when his voice calls you back over.

"(Y/n)! You are not dismissed! I still need to have a word with you, personally."

You sigh and make your way back over to Connor's side. He looks over at you with a neutral expression on his face. You wished you knew what he was thinking. Hank mumbles something to Fowler before Fowler's voice fills the room again.

"Listen," he starts, "I've had just about enough of your bitching. Either you do your job or you hand over your badge. Now if you'll excuse me, I've got work to do."

Fowler's gaze lands on you as Hank storms out of the office.

"(Y/n). You've been good to Hank. I know that you were only supposed to be short-time partners with the lieutenant until these cases dwindled, but that doesn't seem to be the case anytime soon. I want you to continue working with Hank until these deviancy cases are sorted out and under control. CyberLife has sent over the RK800 to help us solve these cases, and maybe he'll help us get them sorted through quicker. I hope that this isn't as big an issue to you as it was for Hank. Good day, Detective (L/n)."

Fowler turns back to his computer as you nudge Connor's arm, signaling that it was time for both of you to leave. As you exit the big glass door, you watch as Connor starts to make his way over towards Hank.

"This won't go well," You think to yourself before following the android.