0111 (7)

The Nest

The car ride to wherever the scene of the investigation was seemed to last an eternity. You sat in the back seat of Hank's old car all by yourself, and you stared out of his window most of the time. You had to admit, it was really pretty outside right now. You had always loved the rain, so seeing Detroit's lights glisten against the wet sky and slippery pavement made you feel at peace. And for once, Hank wasn't blasting heavy metal loud enough for the whole world to hear. You smiled and closed your eyes as you leaned your head against the car window.

Your moment of tranquility, however, ended abruptly as Hank's car hit a rock or bump in the road, and the car jolted upward. A frown made its way across your face. Hank looked at you through the rear view mirror and laughed at your displeased expression. "Sorry, (Y/n)," He chuckled.

--At the Scene--

"So why are we here?" You asked Hank on the elevator ride up to the apartment you guys were to be investigating. He had never told you what the report was; he just told you to get ready and go.

"Honestly, I'm not even sure myself. Connor is the one who told me about this report. I don't know much about it."

You nod and look over at Connor. His eyes were closed, almost as if he were sleeping, but his LED circled yellow. "What is he doing?" You thought. Just as you finished that thought though, the elevator doors opened, and you and Hank stepped out. Connor didn't follow.

"Hey Connor!" Hank called, causing Connor to open his eyes. "Just like that, huh?" You raised an eyebrow.

"I'm sorry. I was making a report to CyberLife."

"Uh..." Hank and Connor stared at each other for a moment. You tried your hardest to hold in a laugh. "Well, do you plan on staying in the elevator?" Hank asked.

"No," Connor replied childishly, "I'm coming."

You snickered to yourself before making your way down the hallway, both Hank and Connor following behind you. You barely caught sight of Connor's cheeks turning blue as you turned around. You smiled.

"To answer questions both me and (Y/n) have, what do we know about this guy?" Hank asked Connor. You examined the walls of the apartment building around you as you listened to their discussion.

"Not much. Just that a neighbor reported that he heard strange noises coming from this floor. Nobody's supposed to be living here, but the neighbor said he saw a man hiding an LED under his cap."

"Oh Christ, if we have to investigate every time someone hears a strange noise, we're gonna need more cops."

You and Hank stopped in front of the suspect's door while Connor finished examining some feathers that had caught his eye just a second ago.

"Hey, were you really makin' a report back there in the elevator? Just by closing your eyes?" Hank asked Connor. To be honest, you were curious about that too.

"Correct," Connor replied.

Hank mumbled something to himself before you all finally gathered at the door together. You were really hoping that this investigation didn't end up turning into a high speed chase like last time, or a lecture on why you shouldn't spare your life to keep someone else alive. Your expression fell slightly at the thought.

A knock at the door snapped you out of your thoughts, and Connor made eye contact with both you and Hank as you waited for a response. You heard nothing. Hank shrugged as Connor turned back to the door. He knocked harder this time. "Anybody home?" He called out. He waited for a bit before threatening whoever may have been inside.