0011 (3)

A Minor Altercation

--Flashback Continued--

Connor stands next to Hank's desk, Hank's expression showing anything but interest for the android next to him. You watch as Connor opens his mouth to say something to Hank, and you sigh as you can only wait to see how this will all unfurl. You dread taking a seat at your desk, which just so happens to be the one in front of Hank's. You two were partners, after all.

"It's an honor to be working with you, Lieutenant. I'm sure we'll make a great team," Connor says, radiating beams of positivity as he smiles at Hank. Hank pays no mind to Connor, and you mentally cringe as Hank continues to stare grumpily at his desk, his arms crossed in frustration.

"In any case, I'd like you to know I'm very happy to be working with you. I'm sure we'll make a great team," Connor continues.

You wave at Connor, motioning to him to come take a seat in the chair he had previously pulled up next to you. You didn't want him to anger Hank any more than he potentially could have already. As he walks towards you, you notice that Connor takes a long gaze at Hank's surroundings before finally taking a seat next to you. You lean towards his ear and whisper, "why don't you ask him some questions? Be careful not to anger him even more, though."

Connor's LED swirls yellow for a moment before changing back to blue. He looks up at the lieutenant.

"You have a dog, right?" Connor asks.

You're confused as to how Connor could possibly know that much about Hank already. They had just met. However, you're not the only one that seems confused. Hank glances up at the android in bewilderment.

"How do you know that?" Hank inquires.

"The dog hairs on your chair," Connor replies.

"That would make sense," You thought. "He probably examined Hank's things before sitting down."

"I like dogs," Connor suddenly claims, throwing both you and Hank off. "What's your dog's name?"

"What's it to you?" Hank asks defensively before looking back at his computer. He glances back up at Connor for a short moment before replying, "Sumo. His name is Sumo."

You mentally praise the two in excitement before turning to your computer, scrolling through files of deviant android cases until you hear Connor ask Hank another question.

"Do you listen to Knights of the Black Death? I really like that music. It's full of...energy."

You knew that Connor was referring to a heavy metal band that Hank listens to often, and you furrow your brows in confusion at the fact that Connor just claimed to have liked heavy metal. You didn't even know that androids were capable of liking any kind of music.

"You listen to heavy metal?" Hank asks in confusion.

"Well, I don't really listen to music, as such," Hank looks slightly annoyed at Connor's statement, but then lights up at Connor's next words, "But I'd like to..."

You were happy that the two were finally getting along, but there was so much work to be done that you would rather get started now than later.

"Guys, I'm happy that you two are finally getting along, but I think it's time that we all get to work. The sooner these cases get done, the sooner we get a break," You say positively.

Hank nods in agreement with your words. Connor looks at the computer and examines it as you slowly click through the cases one by one.

"This is going to take all night," You thought. Suddenly, Connor grabs the hand you were using to click through files and your eyes meet with his.

"(Y/n), if you'll let me, I can scan all of these files at once and inform you about which one will be easiest to pursue first."

You pull your hand away from his and motion towards the computer, "Be my guest."

As you sit back in your office chair, you can't help but notice more of the android's features. His facial features, to be more specific. Every beauty mark, every freckle, and every bump of texture in his skin caught your attention. You also didn't fail to notice how notice how nice his bone structure was. Both his nose and his jaw were sharp, probably to help him look intimidating. He was both an interrogator and a detective, after all.

"CyberLife did a really good job on him," You thought. You then suddenly realize how embarrassing that thought was and your face flushes a light shade of red as you try to push it away. You were so focused on thinking that you failed to notice Hank talking to you.

"Y/n! Are you even listening to me? Quit starin' at the boy and pay attention!" Hank yells, probably a little too loud for your comfort.

A few wandering gazes fell upon you after Hank's sudden outburst, but Hank paid no mind to this and turned back to Connor.

"What was this about the AX400?" Hank asked him.

"Right," he started, "An AX400 is reported to have assaulted a man last night. That could be a good starting point for our investigation."

Connor looks at Hank and gets up out of his chair. He stumbles over toward Hank, but Hank seems to have no interest in getting up from his seat. Your concern grows as Hank lets out an annoyed sigh at Connor's presence and turns away from the prying android.

"I know you didn't ask for this investigation, Lieutenant, but I'm sure you're a professional."

"Why don't you go fuck yourself?"

"Hank!" You shout, quickly standing up from your seat. They completely ignored your protest, however.

"I've been assigned this mission, Lieutenant. I didn't come here to wait until you feel like working." Connor persists, getting closer to the lieutenant.

Hank breathes in sharply before angrily standing up from his seat, grabbing Connor by his shirt collar, and swiftly pinning him to the wall behind him.

"Shit," You mutter, rushing over to Hank in an attempt to calm him down. Your attempt was too late it seems because Hank already started yelling at Connor.

"Listen asshole, if it was up to me I'd throw the lot of you in the dumpster and set a match to it. So stop pissing me off! Or things are gonna get nasty," Hank yells angrily.

"Hank! Stop it! Just let him go," You plead, looking at Connor's wide-eyed expression.

Hank glances over his shoulder at you before swinging Connor back around and throwing him into your arms. You struggle to keep Connor from completely falling on top of you and sending you both backwards.

"Jesus, Connor you're heavy," you groan as you finally manage to stand him back up.

"Guys, let's get a move on!" Hank shouts from the other side of the offices, "The deviant has been spotted, let's go!"

You brush yourself off and grab your bag before heading out the door with Hank and Connor. You peek over at Connor for a moment and couldn't help but notice that the android's tie was slightly out of place, so you stop to straighten it for him. He looks down at your handiwork and smiles softly at you.

"Thank you, (Y/n). I didn't even notice."

"No problem," You smile back.

--End of Flashback--

This is now where you were. Standing on the sidewalk of a busy street in the Ravendale district looking for a runaway android, accompanied by Hank and Connor. You've been on this journey with Hank for a short time, but your real journey had just begun.