0001 0001 (17)

I Am Deviant

Bingo.

You made your way over to the detective android, trying to keep up with his speed of pace. He walking so fast, yet so carefully and cautiously. You were trying to do the same, but it was much harder since you were human and were not as robotic as he was. You were surprised that you were even able to spot him in this crowd of androids, disguise and all. He looked so... human compared to the rest of them. So... free.

As you placed a single foot onto the first step of the staircase, a hand gripped your forearm from behind. Every single possible outcome of how this could end played over and over in your head, your mind racing with sudden panic and anxiety. You turned to look at who had grabbed you, your free hand placing itself over the soft fabric where your gun was.

It was an android, but a heavily damaged one, at that. Her eyes were as dark as an endless abyss, her dark skin ending at the top of her forehead. Loose wires and circuits dangled from the back of her "skull," and she was missing skin in a few places on her arms, revealing dirtied, white plastic underneath.

"You look lost," She said, her voice coming out very mechanical and robotic. You couldn't help but feel continuous unease as the pools of black gazed deep into your own eyes. "You're looking for someone. From them, you're looking for an answer. Your eyes tell so many stories, so many hardships. You'll find what you're looking for."

Your lip quivered as she released you, and you immediately looked back up towards the second level of the ship. You had lost sight of Connor.

"Shit," You grumbled under your breath, racing up the steps as quickly as you could without tripping over any of them. Doing so would be a very human mistake.

You zipped up your jacket further, allowing the collar to pop up and cover half of your face while you walked directly through a large crowd of androids watching the leader's speech. You had no desire for any of them to scan you and alert the rest of Jericho to your presence. All you wanted to do was find Connor and leave this dreadful place.

Your head began to spin as you continued to walk through the dizzying crowd of curious androids, and you felt your brain begin to pound against your skull as the stress of finding Connor became greater and greater. You gritted your teeth, biting the fleece lining the inside of your jacket collar in attempt to ignore the pain. Fuck. This headache was really bad, but you were too stubborn and too determined to sit through it. You had to keep going.

The second deck lead you to a large door that opened up to the world outside and beyond that, a long, metal bridge that lead to another part of the ship that seemed to touch the sky. You came to the conclusion that it lead to the captain's quarters, and what better place to lead an revolution than at the top of the ship where the captain leads his crew to shore? It was all so perfect-- it played out so nicely.

You made sure to shut the metal doors behind you completely before running across the bridge, the wind desperately trying to knock you left and right into the railings. Your strong will refused, and you kept running head-on towards the other side of the ship. Your breath grew shorter and shorter as you ran up the numerous flights of stairs, your vision distorting the ground into a deep, muddy puddle of grey with every step you took. Everything was a blur, yet you refused to believe that you saw Death running next to you out of the corner of your right eye.

He disappeared as you grinded to a steeping halt, your toes pressing up against the front of your boots as inertia continued to move you forward. You saw Connor creeping into the captain's quarters with a gun in hand in the distance, but in front of him you saw a female android walking towards you, a look of confusion dazzled across her gorgeous features. You only looked at her. You didn't dare move for the fear of getting caught was greater than getting to Connor at this point. She was beauty, but you could tell that deep down, she was also the beast.