x.paris,france.

Yves.

Seeing her broke me down in ways I could not explain. I never felt this way in a long time. I felt vulnerable. I felt soft. It was the first time in a while that I slept alone. I never recalled what that felt like. The bed was cold on the other side too. I reached for the pillow to pull it beside me. I was going to skip out on my first day of photography school. My job was going to interfere so I might as well just drop out. Maybe I'll go get breakfast. My stomach growled angrily, so I raised up out of bed. I went to the bathroom and ran a cold shower. I needed to get rid of this burning feeling in my chest.

I knew I was apt to get sick so I pulled on as many layers as possible. It was a little chilly outside. It was close to the end of October. I didn't miss Spain that much anymore. I was so focused on my life here now. Mainly because of Jiwoo's living so close to me. I pulled the door close and I saw her, locking her own door. She looks up at me and then looks away, quickly going down the steps. I sighed heavily went down the steps, quicker than her to open the door for her. She looks at me and bows at me curtly. I grab her by the arm. She looks at me as if I was crazy. She quickly smacks my hand away, but I'm stronger.

"Why are you acting like this?" I ask, my voice shaking.

"Jiwoo!"

Max is there, in his hoodie, tattoo revealed beneath their jawline, eyes glassy and furious. I quickly let go. "Sorry, man."

Max pulls Jiwoo roughly. I furrow my brow. I never took him as the aggressive type. Jiwoo looks safe and secure unlike worried and unsure like she was with me. He puts his arm around her waist. "She's mine. Don't you dare touch her." They walk away. I watch them. Something told me to go follow them. But, my feet stood planted on the ground. I bit my lip and felt my body finally move. It was like I had no control. Max was talking to Jiwoo in French so I couldn't quite grasp what they were saying. Their conversation was brisk and assertive. But, Jiwoo had snapped on Max and they turned down an alley. I couldn't stop walking, until I felt a hand reach the back of my hood.

"Ha Sooyoung!" a familiar voice hissed.

"Hee-He-Heejin," I choked out. Jeon Heejin was standing right in front of me for the first time in a long time. She looked the exact same way she did back in high school. The only difference was that she wasn't wearing her school uniform and regular street clothing. She smiled a little and ran her hand through her hair. "What are you doing here?"

"Same thing I should ask to you."

"I work here...and attend school here," I reply.

"Oh great." Heejin grinned. "I go to school here too."

"Ha...where?"

"I'm doing classing at Sarclay for a few more weeks then I'm back to Korea. Jiwoo is here too, she's staying for a few years. She's currently looking to move in with her...uh...partner. " Heejin looked irritated at the sound of the word. It seemed to me that Heejin knew something wasn't cool with Max. But, I was on my way to investigate. I didn't sense it before. Maybe Max isn't as good as I thought he was for Jiwoo. I tried to see what was going on in the alley, but I saw them walking off, they looking calm, but only from the back.

"Partner?"

"She's seeing someone," Heejin said, srunching up her nose. "But...that's really none of your business anymore."

That shot my heart. I cackle, trying to push it off. "You're right. I was quite the dick."

Heejin pats my shoulder. "You were alright in my eyes until you broke her heart."

"I didn't mean to...but-"

"Shit. I'm going to be late," Heejin huffs. "Well, I guess I'll see you around, eh?" She walks off. I sighed as I walked into the breakfast shop to get a sandwich.

As I walk out, I get a call from my father's assistant Davi. "Hello?"

"Your father is sick right now and a meeting is going on. Can you cover for him in say....30 minutes tops?"

I felt my breath hitch. I didn't even pick up a cup of coffee. How the hell could I be prepared for a meeting in front of snooty male dominated executives who could talk circles above my head? I tried to remember where this was in my contract? By the way, none of that was stated in my contract. I laughed nonchalantly. "I mean...as long as it's my presence and me not speaking-"

"You have to talk for a brief 10 minutes to input Mr. Ha's ideas. He's left you a packet of what his topics are and everything. Of course, I'll help you in the best way that I can."

I giggled nervously. "Davi..."

"I'm sorry, young miss."

"What did I tell you about using honorifics?"

"I mean...Yves."

"Thank you. I'll be sure to dress professionally and be there...'30 minutes tops'." I hang up and dash off to my apartment. I slip on some slacks, button down white shirt. I tied my tye around my neck and slipped on a blazer. I ran to the quickest train to downtown as possible. Davi sent me the address of the meeting. By the time I got there, the meeting was out for recess, chattering about women and wine investments they made with Italy and Spain. I walk into the meeting room and see Davi with his hair pulled up into a man bun. He whips his head to see me. "Yves!"

"Hey." I give him a kiss on the cheek. "So what's up."

The details drawled on my father's newest museum donations and how he was planning to start an arts foundation that I was to be head of. Also, that Ha Industries are starting up art schools around the world and that I was to be president of how everything was handled here in Europe until further notice. Davi grinned. "I guess he made this a surprise for you."

I grinned a little. Slightly overhwlemed though. I didn't have a lot of experience. Just a vision. "I find it sudden. I didn't know this was all that was taking place."

Turns out this meeting was the team greeting me and welcoming me aboard to Ha Industries. I was an important person. I was handed a cup of brewed coffee that was made for my liking. My internship days were most likely over. But, my mind kept fluttering to what happened this morning. Yes, life is being too good to me right now. Maybe this is the parade before the storm? The beauty before the hurricane? I don't know...I just feel scared for what's about to happen next.