xxx 0.5 seoul,south korea.

Jiwoo.

"Have you and Sooyoung kissed yet?"

Jungeun and Jinsoul were holding hands excitedly as I was sitting beside Heejin across from them in the rice cake place. It was a warm day in April, particularly. My hoodie was donned around my waist. Heejin was on her phone, playing Candy Crush. The radio was playing old trot songs. The old ladies in the back were chattering wildly about how Ha Industries was blowing up under the supervision of the second son of Madame Ha. It felt like an ordinary day. But, this question just threw me off. I never thought about kissing Sooyoung.

We would watch dramas together in her very grand bedroom, holding hands, but not having our bodies intertwined. Sooyoung was modest with me. She would be very reserved and not touch me at all. Her eyes would be focused on mine. Kissing to me meant holding the neck of your lover and hungrily swallowing their lips. I was very nervous. I shook my head, looking down at my food.

"You know Sooyoung. She would have done something by now," Jinsoul said. "She's all free-minded. She liked kissing people a lot when she was hanging with the thugs."

"Well, you know, I changed you," Jungeun said. "Sooyoung probably wants to take her time as well like you did."

"Well," Jinsoul said, a hint of sassiness in her voice. "You wanted me as much as I wanted you so, there was a mutual lustful intent going down. Always has and always will be be one." With that, Jungeun smacked Jinsoul's shoulder before picking up a fish cake. "Sorry, damn. I was just telling the truth."

Heejin rolled her eyes in annoyance. "Have you guys heard from Hyunjin?"

"I heard she was still in class with Teacher Park," I said. I finish my food before turning to my phone. Sooyoung had texted me three times in a row. It was a little urgency in the tone as she asked what was I doing tonight. I quickly respond that my parents wanted me home because I've been out past sundown for the past few weeks we had been dating. "Is there something wrong?"

Heejin looked out the window, sulking a little. "Nothing, really.'

I didn't know why Heejin was wondering about Hyunjin so much. My heart began quickening. The thought of Sooyoung holding my face between her soft palms that smelled of sweet cherry blossoms, her lips desperately claiming mine for a while. I could envision it in different angles, like the recent drama we were watching together. Sooyoung would grip my wrist and look into my eyes full of need and longing. And then she would kiss me. It seemed too perfect. I wondered if real kisses were like that.

"Heejinie," Jinsoul says, raising up her cola. "Do you like our Hyunjinnie?"

Heejin turned pink before retreating to her game. It was reloading as if she had exited out of it for a while. Yep. Bingo. Sign that she was checking her messages. "Wh-what are you getting at?"

"I don't know if Hyunjin is even gay," Jungeun says, matter-of-factly. She folds her hands atop the table. "Plus, she's quite invested into her studies. What is she trying to be? A doctor, right?"

I nodded. "Yes. Her family is forcing her to crank down on hanging out and she stays at one of those expensive studying acaemies until 10 I heard."

Heejin bit her lip in frustration. She then turns to the game that she really wasn't playing. I noticed she still was at level 1. This game was a facade for what she was truly doing. Poor Heejin. Jinsoul pursed her lips and reached her hand out. "I'm sure if you told her, she would probably open up to you. Maybe, she likes you too."

Jungeun tilted her head. "As Heejin's friend, we need to be more realistic. It's probably not promised."

"You never know," Jinsoul pointed out.