xxxii,paris,france.

Yves.

I waited for her since forever. I never even noticed this but, when I saw her again, my life was back on a more focused path. Jiwoo walked into my apartment, in casual clothing. It was nearing the end of Monday, boring into Tuesday. She had numerous textbooks in her arms, pencils in her bun, and her bag was hanging off one shoulder. I took some of the books to lessen the load, she collapses onto the sofa, eyes lingering on me. "It was such a long day today."

"You should have called me to pick you up," I say. I was very worried, but I knew her friends had her back. "Who dropped you off?"

"Nick." Jiwoo closed her eyes. "He just got a new car yesterday."

"No kissing him, I hope," I teased her. I sit beside her on the sofa and turned on some smooth classical music on the bluetooth speaker. Jiwoo hummed in delight. "You hungry?" She shakes her head and then leans on my shoulder. I blush, never having felt this in a long time. It reminded me of that day when the cherry blossoms were in bloom and we were on a bench. It was like our second date back when I was in secondary school. Her hands were intertwined in mine. She doesn't lace her fingers in mine this time. She just leans into me and is just relaxing. Jiwoo needed this. She needed to clear her head. All those studies that she has on her hands.

I totally gave up my studies for a life under my father's shadow. I truly didn't know the direction I was headed in. Did I want to be the heir of Ha Industries? Did I want to be a freelance photographer? What was my purpose in life? I had dropped out, not worrying about no debt or how to fend for myself. But, I did know that this exhibit I was working on was to define who I was outside of my father's shadow. This exhibit was opening up the week before I return home for a while. A break from the craziness of Europe. Paris En Tu Invierno was the embodiment of how I saw art and how it should be displayed. My father had no role in that. He wanted me to be myself and also to have a clear head while doing it. Was I clear in who I was as not Yves, but Ha Sooyoung? With Jiwoo back, I felt like I needed something more than just the fast life. Maybe, it was time to give life another chance. Take a few steps into my new position as not only a curator, but a creator.

Jiwoo was more than a motivation to me. We were each other's impetuses. She made me want to give up everything. What am I in this life? She made me question that. Jiwoo may have been very docile towards me in our relationship aspect, but she would challenge me. She was a challenge. I loved that about her. And, just watching her strive to chase after her dreams. I wanted to be something with her. "Hey...Jiwoo."

She gives a responding sound while snuggling up closer to me.

"Do you think that we could..." I pause. "You think...that I could...try this thing out with you again?"

"What thing?"

"Well." I paused. The love of my life was Kim Jiwoo. I needed her more than anything. I would cut the whole world off for her if need be. "I'm...still in love with you, Kim Jiwoo."

Jiwoo sits up and purses her lips. She doesn't look alarmed. I wasn't quite sure if I should keep telling her how I feel. She takes my hand. "Ha Sooyoung, I may have played it off but...I love you too."

I nod. I didn't want to get my hopes up, but I was very excited. My heart pounded in my ears. "I know we're in transitional phases in life right now, but I really want this. I want you. I want to be with you. I want to protect you." I felt my eyes starting to welt with tears. I blinked them away casually. I wasn't the mushy type of person. Never was. I just couldn't help it. "I want to give you a reason to...feel trust in someone again."

Jiwoo grins. "You already are giving me many reasons," she says. "But where is this all coming from?"

"My heart," I reply, laughing. "I've been seeing you go through hell and...I just want.."

Jiwoo shushes me. "Look, I get it, okay?" She laughs. "Gosh, Sooyoung. You're adorable."

I blush. "J-Jiw-oo."

"Consider this our first day," Jiwoo says, holding up one finger. "But, please be patient with me." She, then, pinches my cheeks. "My cutie Sooyoungie." I get frustrated and grab her waist, pulling her close. I pin her down on the sofa. She laughs wildly as I tickle her, she tries to tickle me but I pin her hands above her head. We look at each other for a few beeps before I gently kiss her lips. I felt like I never been here before a day in my life. I silently cursed myself for being so nervous. I usually am confident during sexy time, but something about Jiwoo makes me feel like I never experienced something before.

"We don't have to do this," I whisper to her. She wraps her arms around my neck. Then, she starts kissing me. I felt her basically latch onto me like a Koala. Her legs, arms, everything. I lift her up off of the sofa. "You know, I never gave you a full bedroom tour since you've been living here."

Jiwoo raises her eyebrows. "Well give me a tour first. We have very little time because I have the rest of my examens finaux, tomorrow," she purrs to me.

"God, I love it when you speak French," I sigh as I carry her into the bedroom.

It was clean, thank goodness. I never had a messy room since Jiwoo came to live with me. It was hollowly lit as I was just finishing up some final papers and contracts for the exhibition at the museum. I also had a photo of me, my sister, and my mom there. I always had it with me, no matter where I lived. Then there was also the recent photo of me and my father. The mandala that hung above my bed was a gift from one of my old classmates. Photographs from different countries were hanging above it too and all over the walls. Jiwoo looked around in wonder.

"You were always quite the free-spirit, Sooyoung," she laughs.

I shrug. "Yeah. Nothing changed about me. Just...more pictures."

"You also are proud of splurging," she said, gesturing to my walk-in closet.

I bit my lip while she laughs. I pull her close to me. "Well, when you're a chaebol, what else could you do?"

"Pay for my college tuition," she said softly.

"Or I could take you on a trip to Maldives and then buy you your own studio and orchestra right here too," I say. "Maybe...marry you."

Jiwoo blushes. "Let's not discuss marriage right now."

"Alright, then we can discuss what will happen on our honeymoon. I can give you a little, sneak peek," I say as I pull her to the bed.