One

Getting a letter from the famous Minerva McGonagall would shock anyone, including Estelle Beauregard.

Now why would the great McGonagall the new Headmaster at Hogwarts School for Witchcraft and Wizardry send mail to Estelle, an american witch? She had no idea until when she opened the letter while she was eating breakfast in her quiet little home. She had just woken up, making her favourite breakfast which was waffles, when her brown owl Polaris came soaring over and tapped on her window.

She walked over, opened the window, and grabbed the letter, handing him a bit of waffle for a reward. He peaked her gently in response and flew away, probably to go rest from the long journey.

Estelle sat back down at her kitchen table and was surprised by the person who wrote it and sent this mysterious letter. Even in America, Minerva McGonagall was quite well known. She had been appointed the new Headmistress of Hogwarts School for Witchcraft and Wizardry after the war, when Albus Dumbledore died about a year and some months ago.

She opened it with her wand while she continued to eat, curiosity overcoming her. Some syrup accidentally fell off her fork and fell onto her knee on her dress as she was distracted and focused on the letter. She had been wearing a light pink dress that went to her knees and some black flats. Her long black hair, that usually rested near her waist on her back, was put up into a ponytail. Her bangs were starting to grow and covered her blue eyes. She had to cut it or else she wouldn't be able to see soon.

While cleaning up her little mess she nearly made an even bigger spill when she was trying to read the letter at the same time, trying and failing to multitask. She wasn't the brightest witch at times, always forgetting to use her magic at the crucial of moments. Like this one, where she could have cleaned up her mess while reading the letter but instead she miserably smeared it around on her dress when she was in the middle of reading a sentence in the letter. She stopped her horrible job at cleaning, and froze.

She stood up suddenly, forgetting about her mess, and grabbed the floating letter and gasped out loud. She got up so fast, her stool toppled over and made a loud bang on the hard tiled floor.

She didn't notice and kept rereading the letter over and over again, trying to make sense of it.

Suddenly there was loud steps coming down the stairs in the hall and someone came rushing in.

The person looked exactly like Estelle, same facial features but male. Instead of long black hair though, it was short and was also long enough that it almost covered his own eyes. He had the same bright sparkling blue eyes as Estelle, he was also a bit taller and muscular though, compared to Estelle.

He came to a stop at the door frame and stared at Estelle with concern, "What happened? What was that noise?" He spoke quickly, looking at Estelle who was now jumping up and down excitedly, her hair bouncing along with her movements of joy and excitement.

"Oh, Elio! I have amazing news!" She squealed, with a huge happy smile.

He raised his eyebrows in question, "You're pregnant?" was his first guess, "But you've never dated anyone before, I would know." He quizzically stated, very confused. He sniggered after, finding her reaction funny.

She had stopped jumping, stuck her tongue out at him then laughed out loud at his random guess, the good news making her mood happier so she didn't argue. He was right but it was still hurtful coming from him, who has never dated anyone either.

She rolled her eyes after, and handed him the letter so he could read it for himself, "No you complete idiot. We've just been appointed professors at Hogwarts!" She told him before he finished reading the letter himself. She couldn't keep it a secret for any second longer.