Six

Estelle remained inside their quarters after Elio left and sat by the fireplace, thinking about what just happened. She rarely seen her brother disagree with her. Throughout their whole lives, the two mostly agreed on everything and got along rather well. It was rare when the two fought or had a disagreement. I mean they fought about silly things but about important and bigger subjects, they hardly ever fought.

Estelle stared at the fire, her anger growing. She knew Elio had the right to think those things but to her this was frustrating. He clearly didn't understand her side and that was even more frustrating and made her rather angry. The more she thought about it, the more upset she got for herself and Severus.

Elio was certainly right about that they didn't know Severus before this year but that didn't mean that she didn't know him now. And from what she could tell, he deserved a second chance. He had a new chance at life and opportunities and maybe his and others lives could change now.

After some time of feeling frustrated by herself, she left her room and went to the library to try and distract herself. Something, anything to make her forget how frustrated she felt.

She noticed several students shockingly get out of her way quickly, noticing her angry face. This was their first time seeing Professor Beauregard this angry so they left her alone rather than reach out and say hello. They knew from experience, anyone with an expression like that, that they should leave them alone and let them be.

This of course made Estelle even more upset, realizing this was what Severus went through almost everyday on a regular basis.

When she reached the library and went inside, she still felt restless and couldn't concentrate. So she decided to leave, not wanting to be frustrated and upset in the library with students all over. So she went to the one place where she felt at peace and comfortable which was the Astronomy tower. As she walked there though, she ran into Elio of all people. He was coming back from the kitchens from having breakfast and looked rather full. The house elves must have fed him a lot. Beside him though was Neville Longbottom, also looking full from food.

Elio immediately saw her and turned away and went inside their quarters, Neville following. He looked at Estelle first and waved, unaware of the twos situation. Estelle was fuming by this point. Why was he ignoring her? She should be the one ignoring him. This whole situation was ridiculous and dramatic but Estelle couldnt help the way she was feeling. She saw Severus as her friend, or something complicated that she didn't quite understand, and she wanted to help and defend him.

Instead of following him, she went up the long spiraling stairs and went to the top of the tower. The moment she arrived, she felt a bit better. It was quiet and peaceful and the best part was no Elio. 

She walked over to the railings and breathed in the fresh and chilly air. She looked out at the view and already started to feel calmer. The view was beautiful. She could see the whole of the Black Lake, it was sparkling and looked magical for a lack of better words. The ground around Hogwarts was covered with fallen leaves, the trees now completely leafless. It looked like it would snow very soon, grey clouds taking over the sky. It wasn't dull looking at all and it was quite breathtaking.

Estelle always felt better up here during the night and day ever since she first came here to Hogwarts. The one at Illvermony didn't compare.

As she was staring out at the view and her eyes wondered down towards the lake, she noticed a figure standing by a tall tree by the Blake Lake. It looked like they were staring out and taking a moment of peace and quiet, like she was doing by standing up here. As she peered down more she noticed it was Severus. She could tell by his hair and black robes since she knew no one else here who wore only black almost daily.