Eight

Christmas was in a few days now and everyone was getting excited including Estelle, even under her frustrating and annoying circumstances. The ball was fast approaching as well and this made everyone in the castle seem much more excited and impatient for it to arrive. She ignored her brother when he came back to their room last night and ignored both him and Severus during breakfast, still incredibly hurt and annoyed about what happened last night. She needed space and they knew that so both of them didn't try to approach her just yet.

When Estelle was headed back to her quarters after a long day and diner of silence, she noticed someone standing by the entrance of her office. It was Severus. She was mildly surprised, she thought Elio would be the first one to approach her and try to talk to her. 

She remained composed though and swiftly walked closer and walked in her room without saying a word. Severus followed behind quietly, knowing she needed to hear what he had to say inside rather out in the hall for everyone to see. 

The door closed and then there was a silence. Estelle walked in and stood in the middle of the room, took a moment and turned around slowly and faced Severus. He was standing a few feet away, clearly uncomfortable about what had happened last night. He stood there for a few minutes, not sure what to say. He never had the habit of apologizing to people but he knew she deserved it since he had grabbed her rather tightly and possibly hurt her. He hadn't meant to do that. Although now that he was thinking about it, he had no idea what he meant by grabbing her...why did he?

"Well?" She urged, crossing her arms. He straightened his back, not looking directly at her, "I apologize." He awkwardly and quietly said, looking like he wanted to die rather than be standing here. Though, he genuinely meant his apology. He wasn't that cruel. 

"And?" She pressed, trying desperately not to burst out laughing at this point. She knew he meant his apology and was just teasing him now.

He rolled his eyes, "and I'm sorry for behaving like a complete fat spoiled child." He smirked, finally looking at her bright blue eyes that were filled with amusement.

The face he was making, which was a mix between uneasiness, anger and awkwardness, all the while smirking was the last line and Estelle burst out laughing. She bent forward a bit and stuck out her hand to Severus' forearm, catching him by surprise. They stumbled a bit but regained their balance when Severus gripped tighter and his one hand reached out and held onto her waist to steady her. 

The stumble and catching him by surprise part made her laugh harder, her sides hurting now. After a few more escaped giggles, she looked up at him not realizing how close they were. She giggled awkwardly while looking up at him, suddenly nervous. He smirked, his hands now a hot grip on her waist that she was very conscious of. The giggles kept escaping her mouth, not sure what ese to do right now. Severus rolled his eyes, "Are you almost finished?" he whispered, Estelle was able to feel his breathe as he spoke. She shivered even though she wasn't cold whatsoever. "Er, no?" She lamely replied, making herself laugh again. Though this time it was because how nervous she was suddenly feeling. She usually laughed under stressful situations and she couldn't help it. 

Severus rolled his eyes, "Now you are the one behaving like a child." Though he had a small smile on his face as he watched her with interest and amusement, his usually cold and dark eyes were slightly warm and amused. 

Finally, done laughing and wiping a tear from her eye, Estelle lightly hit his shoulder after remembering why he was here to apologize in the first place.