Thirteen

Estelle and Severus were meeting more often, mostly during the evenings. It was becoming their routine to meet at Severus' quarters and enjoy some tea together and talk, especially more so after the Christmas ball. It was now the middle of January. Over the last few times, they talked about many different things. Severus's parents and how his father was a horrible man and how he pitied his mother, about his time as a spy and his part in the war, his childhood, his childhood friend Lily. Though, they didn't talk much about his past actions in great detail and she was fine with that. They also talked about Estelle's time at Ilvermorny, her research of the planets and stars with Elio over the last several years, her non existing romance which made her blush, and then her mother and father again, who were No-Maj's. 

Through these talks, the two got closer together. Winter holidays were now over and it had been a couple of weeks since lessons had began again. It was also the longest Elio and Estelle hadn't talked before. She wasn't totally upset though because he seemed to be doing just fine without her, since he was always with Neville Longbottom. She was also with Severus all the time but he didn't particularly know that and it was best he didn't. 

Still, her heart hurt a bit when she realized that they were spending less time together and changing without one another. She had spent practically her whole life with him, everyday. So not talking and not seeing him for days is new and strange. She felt like she was missing a piece of herself and half of her was upset and empty but the other half was okay with it, almost excited to see what her life would be like without him there 24/7. 

Now that she wasn't with him everyday though, she spent most of her time with Severus. Which was starting to annoy him since she kept appearing and hanging out, mostly doing nothing. "Must you keep coming everyday?" or "Don't you have any other friends?" he would repeatedly ask whenever she showed up but still would smile and relax in her company. She would sit and say nothing while Severus worked, graded papers and simply read and drank tea. Since she only taught every second day, she had plenty of free time which Severus realized due to the fact she spent that free time with him.

It was beginning to be too much so one day, now being well into February, while he was working on his next lesson notes, and she was just sitting at one of the desk and sighing, he shot up and raised his voice, "Estelle! Please just go speak to your brother before we both die of annoyance." He pinched the bridge of his nose, tired. She had been sighing all day, not really talking. 

Estelle frowned, surprised at the sudden raising of voices, "Why should I speak with him? He's the one who started it." She said childishly, blushing at how pathetic she sounded. She even had crossed her arms, looking ridiculous as well to make the whole situation better.

Severus rolled his eyes, scoffing, "You're acting like a child. Who knew such a brilliant witch as you could behave in such a manner and is afraid to talk with her own brother." He stared at her with a challenge in his voice, waiting for what she would do next.

Estelle was speechless and a bit hurt at the truth. She stood up to quickly though, the chair she was sitting on making a loud screeching noise against the ground. "I'm not scared." She lamely said, huffing in anger. She was acting even more like a child but she didn't care right now, she was just mad. And if that meant behaving like a child, so be it. She didn't care.

"Oh, is that right?" He challenged again, though he had humour in his eyes, as if he was having fun insulting her. "Because to me, you're scared and doing nothing about it. Coming here everyday, sighing and waiting for something to happen. If you want something to happen so badly, go and do it." he finished, staring at her with hard but determined eyes. He was sitting at his desk in a relaxed manner, as if this was a normal conversation rather than a heated argument.