2

Morning soon came for Eliza and she was quick to wake up

  Morning soon came for Eliza and she was quick to wake up. She took a deep breath, staring up at the ceiling of her bedroom. She remained there for a brief while before finally getting up, looking over at the clock on the wall to see that it read seven-thirty. She had an hour before she was due to be at school.

Eliza sighed, finally getting up from her before quickly getting dressed. She hoped to catch FP before he left. They had walked to school together all of freshman year.

Once getting dressed, she brushed her teeth and did her hair. She took a look at herself in the bathroom mirror. She wore a sleeveless Nirvava crop top, ripped jeans, Doc Martens, her Serpent jacket, and a flannel around her waist. She wore her father's dog tags around her neck also, the only gift she ever remembered her father giving her since she was a child.

She exited the bathroom and entered the kitchen, only to see her father out cold on the couch, a half-drunken beer bottle on the small table to his side. She had a sad look on her face, quickly adjusting the Serpent jacket she wore before placing her backpack strap over her left shoulder.

She opened her front door, only to find FP, who was just getting ready to knock on her trailer door. His mouth gaped open and he backed up a bit, allowing her to exit the trailer before closing the door behind her, "I was just about to come look for you." Eliza told FP, breaking the silence between them.

FP nodded his head in agreement, "I was hoping you hadn't left yet. We walked to school together every day last year, I was wondering if we were going to do that this year, too." He explained to and Eliza smiled, nodding her head.

"Of course," She replied before she took one large glance at FP, looking over what FP was wearing for his first day. She chuckled, noticing how he looked like a total Northsider.

FP noticed this and frowned in confusion as they began to walk in the direction of the Northside, "What?" He asked, a puzzled look on his face, clearly not knowing what she was laughing at. He sighed, soon coming to a realization that she was laughing at his outfit. He wore baggy jeans, a yellow short sleeve button down shirt with a white t-shirt under it. And of course, the outfit included his letterman jacket, "Really, Eliza? Is my outfit that bad?"

Eliza's laughter soon died down, but she kept a smile on her face, "No, no, it's just..." She trailed off, "You look so Northside-y."

"And what's wrong with that?" FP questioned confused, only to notice the obvious look Eliza gave her, "Hey, I'm not like you and Alice. I want to be more than just a Southsider. I want to play football and I get through high school successfully so I can go to college, and get the hell out of this God forsaken school."

"Well, I don't have the same options as you, Forsythe," Eliza replied, watching as FP cringed when she said his first name, "My options are: continue to be a Serpent and soon become the leader or get kicked out of the house, only to become homeless."