31

It was the night of homecoming, Eliza and Johnny were helping FP drop off the band's gear backstage

It was the night of homecoming, Eliza and Johnny were helping FP drop off the band's gear backstage. The group stopped walking when heard Alice and Hal arguing.

"You're pregnant?" Hal asked in disbelief, "With another man's baby? How could you do this to me, Alice?"

"It was before we were together, Hal," Alice informed him while crying, "I promise you, it was before we were together."

"You need to get rid of it, Alice. Because I'm not going to be with a girl who's pregnant with another man's baby." Hal snapped at her before walking off.

Soon after, Alice ran off, causing both Eliza and Johnny to share a look before Eliza decided to chase after Alice, her former best friend. She searched numerous places until she finally found Alice in the bathroom, crying as she sat on the floor, "You okay?" She asked Alice as she walked closer to her.

"Just go away, Eliza." Alice snapped at her and Eliza shook her head.

She walked into one of the bathroom stalls, taking a handful of toilet paper before walking over to Alice. She crouched in front of her, holding out the toilet paper Alice could use to wipe her tears with, "I don't care if you hate me, Alice. You're clearly in a lot of pain and I'm offering you someone to talk to. It doesn't mean we have to be friends." She informed him.

Alice looked up at Eliza, slightly shocked by her sympathy, "Hal wants me to have an abortion." She informed her quietly, wiping the tears from her eyes with the toilet paper Eliza had given her.

"Well, it's not Hal's choice, is it, Alice?" Eliza reminded the girl, sounding a bit annoyed by the mention of Hal Cooper. She didn't like that boy. Not at all.

"When winter break comes, I'm signing myself into the Sisters of Quiet Mercy." Alice told her and Eliza immediately looked at her shocked.

Eliza's eyes widened at the mention of the orpanage, "What! Alice, you can't! That place is dangerous." She replied in a pleading tone.

"It's the only way, Liza. I can't let people know I'm pregnant." Alice responded and Eliza hesitantly nodded her head in agreement.

Eliza sighed out, standing up from crouching next to Alice on the floor, "Listen, I know I can't tell you otherwise, but I don't think you should go, Alice. That place is dangerous, but of course, it's your choice in the matter, no mine," She explained, "I better go now. Johnny and FP are probably looking for me. Bye."

With that, Eliza left, leaving Alice to cry alone. She soon found Johnny, near the punch bowl, talking with FP. A slow song came on and Eliza slightly smiled as Johnny walked closer to her. He held out his hand for her to take, "May I have this dance?" He asked her and Eliza smiled happily, nodding her head as she took his hand.

Johnny led her to the dance floor and once doing so, Eliza immediately wrapped her arms around his neck while Johnny placed his hands on her waist. After a moment of silence, Eliza let out a large sigh, "I wish every day was like this," She commented, placing her head against his chest.