8

At the Whyte Wyrm, Eliza, Johnny, Alice, Nate, and Jackson were all standing around one of the pool tables

At the Whyte Wyrm, Eliza, Johnny, Alice, Nate, and Jackson were all standing around one of the pool tables. Eliza and Johnny were playing a game of pool while they explained what would be going down at the rumble, which would be occurring that same night, "Listen, guys. As the one who put this whole thing together, I want you guys to go easy on FP," She announced and the whole group began to complain.

Eliza sighed, rolling her eyes at the commotion, "Hey!" She shouted out loudly, causing the whole group of Serpents to quiet down, "Whoever ends up fighting FP Jones will go easy on him and that's final! He's still Forsythe's son and my boyfriend. He tried to get out of fighting in the rumble, but they wouldn't allow him to skip it."

"I'll take him," Johnny suddenly spoke up, causing everyone to turn to him, "I'll try to go easy on him, but if he even thinks of trying to bruise my beautiful face, I will end him."

Eliza seemed amused by his comment before the group erupted with laughter, "What?" Johnny asked, leading to Eliza laughing more.

"Listen, I better get going," Eliza spoke up, shooting the 8 ball, which was her last ball, into the socket, "All of you, meet me outside my trailer at Six Thirty. Tell some of the others who will be willing to fight. Something tells me the Bulldogs won't play fair and will recruit the wrestling and baseball team to fight also."

With that, Eliza left and went back home, only to hear her father talking with Forsythe in the living room, "He really thinks he can fight for the other side of this rumble? When I see my poor excuse for a son, I'm going to--"

"You're not going to do anything, Mr. Jones," Eliza spoke up confidently, crossing her arms over her chest as she stood up to her boyfriend's father, who also happened to be the leader of her gang.

"And why not, Eliza?" James asked his daughter with an attitude, "I don't think you have a say on what Forsythe does with his son."

"Well, I think that if you do punish him for fighting against us in the rumble, my plan for him isn't going to work." She informed the two male Serpents, even though it was a total lie.

"And what might this plan of yours be?" Forsythe asked the girl curiously.

Eliza smiled slightly, putting up a front, "I'm going to be leader of the Serpents one day, by the time I'm eighteen if I'm lucky. I can tell you right now that FP's allegiance to the Northside is only temporary. Soon enough, FP will be becoming one of us, just like he's supposed to. I'm the person he trusts the most. I'm the only one who can make sure that happens." She explained to the two Serpents.

Forsythe seemed impressed by her antics while James did not. Forsythe was silent for a long while before finally speaking up, "I don't know about your father here but you definitely have me impressed. Let's make a deal with each other, Eliza. The second my son joins the gang, you can become leader. Maybe even the two of you can lead together once you show him the ropes." He proposed and Eliza nodded her head in agreement.

"I don't think that's a good--" James began to say, but was cut off as Forsythe and Eliza shook hands.

"Deal," Eliza smiled proudly as she finally pulled her hand away, noticing the angry glare her father gave her. By then, she knew. The second Forsythe Jones was out the door, she was going to get her ass beat. And so she was right.

Forsythe left the trailer, leaving Eliza and James alone in the trailer together. Eliza turned away from father, hoping to be able to leave in time to postpone what was about to come until after the Rumble, which would stop the injuries her father inflicted on her from messing up her performance in the rumble. But Eliza didn't have that kind of luck.

James roughly grabbed Eliza by the hair, pulling her back over to him before his fist collided with her jaw. She stumbled back a bit, but didn't hit the ground, "You knew that FP would never join the gang! But you still made the deal! You are going to be leader of this gang, Eliza, whether you like or not. You're a Serpent by blood and the only child from either Forsythe and I that is a Serpent. FP chose the Northsiders, your sister chose college, that leaves you! Only you! And nothing is going to stop you from becoming leader!" James yelled at her, slapping her across the face.

Eliza dropped to the ground and cried out in pain as James began to kick her severely. Over and over, kicks were delivered to her body. On his last kick, James' shoe collided with Eliza's face, causing her to fall unconscious. He scoffed, looking down at Eliza's injured body before leaving the trailers.

Hours had passed and Eliza remained unconscious. She was awoke when someone's fist banged on the trailer door. Eliza groaned, feeling a headache come on as she sat up from the ground. She was all bloodied up and there was large cut on her forehead from her father's shoe, "Eliza, hurry the hell up! We need to go!" She heard Johnny shout from outside, causing Eliza's eyes to widen in shock. She was already beaten up as it is. How was she supposed to fight when she wasn't at her full capacity?

"Coming!" Eliza shouted back, placing her hands on the coffee table as she pushed herself up and off the ground. She winced in pain as she did so, feeling pain everywhere. Eliza rushed over to the door and opened it, revealing Johnny standing there.

"What the hell happened to you!" Johnny shouted, noticing the busted lip, bruised eye, and numerous cuts on her face.

"It's nothing. I'm fine. Let's just go," Eliza replied quickly, placing on her jacket before trying to walk past Johnny.

Before she could so, Johnny blocked her way, "You can't fight like this. You can get really hurt and end up in the hospital." He argued sternly and Eliza roughly pushed him back.

"I said, I'm fine!" Eliza shouted at him angrily, "I put together this rumble and I'm fighting in it no matter how bad in shape I am right now! No one is going to tell me other wise."

With that, Eliza walked over to her motorcycle. She kicked up the kickstand before turning on her bike. She revved the engine before turning to Johnny, "You coming or not, Johnny?"

Johnny sighed, just before walking over to his bike.

AN: Even as the author of this book, it irks me at how content Eliza is with getting her ass beaten by her father.