27

Mason Maloney

I woke up to Sam shaking me lightly. I cracked my eyes open slightly to see his handsome face looking down at mine, droplets of water hitting my cheeks from his wet hair. I smiled up at him, wiping the water from my face.

"Sorry," he said, pulling away and taking the towel from his waist to run through his hair.

"I could get used to waking up to this," I joked, my eyes looking up and down his body.

Sam smirked before throwing his towel at my face as he went to look for clothes to wear.

"I bet you could," he said teasingly as I sat up and threw the towel at his hamper.

I stood up and walked over to Sam, who was now wearing a pair of boxers. I wrapped my arms around him from behind as he stood at his dresser, resting my head on his back.

"Can I borrow some clothes?" I mumbled in a tired voice. I felt Sam's body vibrate as he let out a chuckle.

"Yes, you can borrow some clothes," he said. "I doubt I have any jeans small enough for you though."

"I'll just wear mine from yesterday," I replied, releasing him and going to pick up my jeans from the floor.

"I have a shirt for you," Sam said as he walked up behind me. I grabbed the shirt as Sam leaned in to peck me on the lips.

The two of us finished getting ready and made our way downstairs to the kitchen where Mae had breakfast made. Lila and Miles sat at the kitchen table, munching on food. When Lila saw Sam and I, a wide smile broke out onto her face.

"Good morning!" Lila exclaimed.

Sam smiled and walked over to her, giving her a kiss on the head before heading to the cabinet to get plates.

"Morning, Lila," I said, taking a seat beside her.

"You and Uncle Sammy had a sleepover?" she asked curiously, tilting her head slightly.

I let out a chuckle and nodded. "We did."

Lila frowned. "I want to have a sleepover with you guys."

"Lila," Mae warned with a pointed look.

"Maybe some other time," Sam said as he walked over to the table and placed a plate with toast and eggs in front of me. He sat down on my other side with his plate and gave me a kiss on the cheek before digging into his food.

Miles looked up from his plate to give Sam a strange, questioning look.

"Did you just kiss him?" Miles asked confusedly.

My face flushed in embarrassment and Sam's eyes widened as if he hadn't realized he did that in front of his niece and nephew.

"Boys kiss?" Lila asked, looking just as confused.

"Sometimes," Sam muttered, looking down at his plate before clearing his throat. "Mason is my boyfriend."

We looked to Lila and Miles for a few moments in silence, both of them looking confused. Eventually, Miles just shrugged and went back to eating his breakfast. Lila looked between Sam and me with a look of concentration on her face.

"I thought only girls could have boyfriends," Lila said, tilting her head to the side.

Mae came up behind her, shaking her head. "Boys can have boyfriends."

"Can girls have girlfriends?" Lila asked.

Mae nodded with a small smile on her face.

"That's so cool!" Lila exclaimed excitedly.