32

Sam Knight

"Hey? Hey?" Christo exclaimed. "That's what you have to say right now?"

I looked over to Mason to see that he was staring down at his lap with his arms timidly crossed over his chest, trying to hide himself from Christo. He was obviously uncomfortable with the situation and unaware about what we should do, so I would handle it so he wouldn't have to.

"What else would I have to say?" I asked, feigning ignorance.

Christo looked at me as if he wanted to strangle me.

"How about explaining what the fuck is going on," Christo said, looking pained as he spoke.

I sighed, rolling my eyes. "There's not much to explain. You saw what you saw."

Christo's eyes seemed to bug out of his head even more, which I didn't think was possible. He started to say something before stopping and looking as if he was searching his brain for the right words to say. He shook his head, covering his face with his hand.

"I'm so confused right now," Christo mumbled, his voice muffled by his hand.

I sighed and stood up from the bed, grabbing my shirt from the floor and throwing it back on. I tossed Mason his shirt to which he quickly put it back on to cover up.

"Listen," I said with another sigh, grabbing Christo's attention. "You can't tell anyone about this."

"Obviously!" Christo exclaimed loudly, throwing his hands in the air. "Do you understand how bad it would be if anyone knew?"

I rolled my eyes. "Obviously."

I made my way out of my room, signaling for Christo to follow me. The two of us headed downstairs and into the kitchen. I grabbed myself a water bottle from the fridge before turning to face Christo, who was giving me an annoyed look.

"What is going on with you and Mason?" Christo asked seriously.

"Chris–" I started.

"Cut the bullshit, Sam," Christo cut me off. "Tell me the truth."

I sighed, taking a sip of my water. "He's my boyfriend."

Christo's eyes widened. "So, you guys aren't just hooking up?"

I shook my head.

Christo nodded, looking down a the floor as if he as unsure on what he should say next. It was like all of his annoyance left his body and now he was just filled with confusion.

"You can hate me for being gay or dating Mase or whatever–"

"Shut up," Christo cut me off harshly. "I don't hate you and I've had a feeling you were gay for a while."

My eyes widened and I nearly choked on my water. "You have?"

He nodded. "I could tell you weren't really into the girls you've been with and I've seen you check out guys before."

"Why didn't you say anything?" I asked curiously.

Christo just shrugged. "I figured you would tell me when you wanted me to know."

I nodded and hummed in agreement, taking another sip of my water.

Christo cleared his throat. "Are you happy with him?"

"Yes," I said without hesitation. "I'm really happy."

"Good," Christo said with a nod. "I'm happy for you."