Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

Dallas

2 minutes.

I counted each second in my head as the time passed, her gaping at us, us gaping at her. No words were exchanged for 2 minutes.

2 minutes.

2 minutes until she exploded.

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING TO MY SON?!" Jen's screech rang throughout the room, penetrating my eardrums so deeply there was sure to be permanent damage. But Troye didn't even flinch. He expertly removed himself from me and quickly tugged his boxers on in less than three seconds before jumping out of the bed and rushing towards his still screaming mother.

"This is insane! This is rape! Troye, baby!"

"MOM! Mom, calm down! I'm fine," he told her, shaking her shoulders to get her to focus on him and not the 200-pound man in her son's bed.

"Troye, sweetie, you are not fine! He-he raped you! My poor-"

"He what?!! Ma, he didn't rape me! It was consensual! That was consensual! Dallas didn't harm me at all!" Troye screamed back at her, a deathly look in his eyes. His face had gone red from the power of his voice, matching the way I felt. How dare she insinuate that I was harming Troye, let alone raping him! A low growl emit from my throat at the thought, and I was about to stand up and give Jen a piece of my mind, but Troye whipped around and shot me a murderous glare that sat me right back down again.

Jen was temporarily silent after Troye's announcement, her eyes darting between the two of us, until they landed on me. Then she forced herself past Troye's body, her blonde hair whipping around her face, hands on her hips as she glared down at me.

"You," she growled, pointing a finger at me. "I gave you a home when your mother died. I gave you a brother, a whole new family to call your own. I put a roof over your head, I cook you three meals a day, I took you in as my own. You were a second child to me, Dallas. How dare you disrespect me and my family? You made a slut out of my son after all the things I have done for you. This is despicable."

Jen's voice was threateningly low, vibrating the inside of my body with every word she said. I watched as her hospital tag swayed back and forth as she yelled. The small hairs at the side of her head were now sticking to her face with sweat. Her loving and slightly wrinkled face was now displaying an emotion I had never seen in her-hatred.

Sure, Jen wasn't around a lot, I mean she was a nurse after all. But that didn't mean I didn't love her. All the things she said were true. She didn't have to take me in, she chose to. Even if she was married to my dad, I wasn't an obligation, just an idea. She was a kind-hearted woman who always laughed at my jokes, cooked a killer chicken parm, and loved her son. Which is why I can kinda see where she's coming from with the whole "You're despicable" thing after she caught me fucking him.

"Mom, this isn't Dallas' fault," I heard Troye say from behind her. But she ignored him, her fierce blue-eyed stare akin to Troye's still latched on to me.

I stared back at Jen as the muscles in her face twitched with anger, her mouth drawn into a thin line while she presumably decided my fate.

"I want you out of my house."

"What?! Mom, you can't do that!" Troye suddenly emerged from behind her, pulling on her arm and pleading with her like a five year old. "Mommy you can't, I promise we won't do it again, I promise I promise I promise."

But Jen wasn't listening. Her brutal state was still on me, scrutinizing every inch of my traitor body. Hate radiated off her thin frame in waves, but I couldn't blame her. I took away her little boys innocence; I'd be pretty pissed at me too.