Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

Sam

I awoke to the smell of cinnamon and pine and the sunlight streaming in through the break in my curtains. I moaned slightly, rolling my shoulders back into what I assumed was Damien's chest.

"Looks like someone is awake," he said, his voice gravely from sleep. I let out a deep breath of air as I noticed he had been stroking my arm.

I maneuvered myself out of our spooning position so I could face him, the sight of his unruly brown locks and bright red-tinted eyes instantly waking me up. "Good morning to you too," I mumbled into his lips, on account of the fact he decided now was a good time to kiss me. But I wasn't complaining. His kisses were addictive.

I let my arm snake around his waist and pull him closer, my body aching for proximity. Just as I was about to reach down to his boxers, a loud foreign voice behind us stopped me.

"Samuel Jake, get outside right now."

The stern voice of my uncle penetrated my chest, stopping my heart. I pulled away from Damien's lips, significantly paler then I was two minutes ago. My uncle was a scary dude. He was a 6-foot tall bald guy with quite a lot of muscle and a very scary set of canines. He was single, therefore he was lacking in the sex department, making him a lot more moody then your average 50-something. Oh, and did I mention he was homophobic?

I pulled myself away from Damien-luckily with my boxers still on-and jumped out of my bed and head towards the door where my uncle stood, arms crossed over his chest. As soon as I passed through the doorway he shut the door with a harsh slam, then glared at me.

"What did I tell you about overnight visitors?" he seethed, bending down to intimidate me.

"I know, Rick I'm sorry, it was late we were just watching a movie and we fell asleep I promise-"

Rick snorted, cutting off my explanation.

"Because I watch movies in my boxers with boys too," he grumbled, rolling his eyes.

I sighed. "Rick, I'm gay."

"I know, kid, it's just... it's hard, okay? Your mother may have been used to it, but I'm not. I love you kiddo, and you know I will love whomever you love, but it's hard to get used to this kind of thing. So we're going to set up some ground rules, okay?"

I nodded eagerly; he was taking this better then I expected.

"No boys-and I mean potential boy partners not the boys in the pack-can stay later then 11. NO exceptions. If you want to go... do that stuff, don't do it here."

"Yes, of course, I understand."

He nodded, taking a deep breath in before he started to walk away.

"And Sammyboy, be safe please!"

I glanced over my shoulder at Rick, smiling. "I can't get anyone pregnant Rick!"

He chuckled. "But you can get STD's. So use a condom. But... not now. Tell the kid he has to go, I want to take you for some breakfast down at Ellen's."

I smiled. Rick could be a hard ass, but he was still like a father. "Thanks Rick! Love you,"

He grumbled it back, then head down the marble staircase, probably going to watch some Golf Central or something that old guys do. So I pushed open the door to my room and head back in, only to stop walking at a sight I wish I could see every morning.

Damien was lying on his side, shirtless, enveloped by the billowing white comforters and sheets, the light colored room and accents giving him a very un-demon like glow. His hair was a mess and he was smirking, sending butterflies to my stomach as I walked over to him.