Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

Mason

"Caspian! Where are you headed off to?" Tessa stepped up to him, latching onto his wrist, causing him to flinch away. I held in a laugh, and slapped Casp on the shoulder as I walked by him. Clearly, I was still losing in the Tessa race and wasn't planning on sticking around to see him win.

I paused, hovering by his ear as he stood a deer in headlights in front of Tessa. "Good luck," I whispered, having a little too much fun and letting my lips graze his ear. He totally noticed too, because after he shivered, he sent me a hard glare as I took off down the hallway snickering.

As soon as I rounded the corner, I stopped and pressed myself against the wall and listened. I wanted to get the hell out of Tessa Land, but I still wanted to know what the fuck she was doing to him!

I listened as Casp laughed awkwardly. It put a smile on my face.

"Uh, I should get to class?" his statement formed more of a question, which Tessa thought was utterly hilarious.

"Oh, Caspy, you kill me. Soo, I absolutely love this outfit. It's not a suit and tie, but it still shows how much of a man you are," she purred, and from the sound of his elevated heartbeat, she was touching him. I chose to ignore the fact she used my nickname and the fact I agreed with her completely regarding his wardrobe change.

He cleared his throat. "Yeah, well, I thought I'd try something a little more casual..."

No one spoke after that, but my ears were thumping with how fast his heart was beating and the sound of his labored breathing. I pushed myself off the wall slightly, just in case I had to save him.

"Tess, stop," Casp whimpered, but Tessa only giggled.

"I mean it!" he told her, louder this time.

"You love this, don't lie," was Tessa's response. Confusion swept through me, so I craned my neck around the corner only to see that she had Casp pushed up against the wall, one hand on his chest while the other plunged down into his pants.

Caspian let out a low growl, and pushed her off him. She shrieked, promptly landing on her ass.

"I told you to fucking stop," he barked, his heart rate still jumping all over the place. As soon as he began to storm down the hallway towards me, I jumped back, pressing myself against the wall again. But Casp never passed me. The slamming of a heavy door right behind me told me he went right into the boy's bathroom. And I was just going to leave it alone and get to class, but the sound of dry sobs coming from behind the door caused me to think twice. I rounded the corner and pushed open the door to see Casp leaning against one of sinks, his hands gripping the porcelain so hard I thought it would shatter.

"Casp," I called out to him, reaching over and placing a hand on his back. Which probably wasn't a smart decision because he whipped around and slapped me so hard my teeth shook.

"Don't fucking touch me. Don't touch me, I told you not to touch me," his voice was dangerously low and all over the place as his blood-shot eyes stared into mine dangerously. His hair was dripping with sweat, his cheeks flushed with tears, and his body shook with anger, but his eyes shone bright with fear.

I took a step away from him, my hands up in defeat. I gave him a few seconds to control his breathing before I began to speak.

"Cas-"

I cut myself off, the sound of footsteps very close by entering my ears. I swore and grabbed Casp's arm-despite his cussing at me-and pulled him into the first stall, locking the door. I didn't want anyone to see him like this.