Part Thirty-Eight. The Mission

Part Thirty-Eight.  The Mission

So I been thinkin’ real hard for a long time now.  ‘cause this mornin’ I was playin’ ‘Throw the Edgeless Thingamabob’ with Atlas ‘n P-body, but I accident’ly threw it way up in the ceilin’!  An’ the panels wiggled and wiggled but they couldn’ get it out, so I had to go get Momma or Daddy to get it out for me so we could keep playin’.  I usually try ‘n find Daddy ‘cause Momma likes workin’ in the afternoon.  But I dunno where to find him sometimes and Momma’s always in the same spot.  I try not to think about that.  Sometimes I’m okay when I do but the rest of the time I get real sad ‘cause I see lots of cool stuff and I can’t show Momma.  She can see with her cam’ras but I really wish she could come with me.  But I guess if she could she’d have to be real small and I don’ want her to be small.  I wan’ her to be the size she’s already got!  Oh that reminds me!  One time, Daddy n’ me were playin’ this game, and Momma called it ‘Hide ‘n Seek’ an’ what that means is one person’s gotta hide and the other person finds them!  An’ we’d been playin’ for a while but Daddy always found me too fast!  An’ I was gettin’ a bit mad and Momma told me I could hide behind her!  An’ wow I was so excited ‘cause I never went near her body before an’ I went next to one of the square thingies on the wires on her an’ I just sat in there.  It was real warm an’ cozy in there and Momma was keepin’ real still so Daddy wouldn’t see me, an’ it was so nice I just fell asleep!  An’ when I waked up Daddy was tellin’ Momma he couldn’t find me nowhere an’ that was really funny ‘cause I was right there!  An’ I jumped out an’ I shouted, “Here I am!” an’ he was so surprised he couldn’t even talk!  He just kept tryin’ to say stuff an’ not actually sayin’ it, an’ I was just smilin’ at him ‘cause me and Momma tricked him, an’ then Momma started laughin’ an’ she called him a moron again an’ she said that my hidin’ place was the first place he shoulda looked.  An’ he nodded lots and agreed with her.  He always agrees with Momma ‘cause she’s always right.  ‘cept when he thinks she’s wrong.  Then they start arguin’ which I don’ like too much but whenever I ask Momma why they argue all the time she jus’ tells me that sometimes you gotta argue.  An’ I don’ understand that answer but Momma sometimes tells me stuff I gotta wait ‘til I’m older to know about.  I gotta wait a real long time though!  An’ when I tell Momma I wanna be older now so I can be real smart she jus’ shakes her core an’ tells me to be patient.  An’ I complain some but then I listen ‘cause Momma is patient an’ I gotta be patient too because ‘pparently workin’ is somethin’ you need lots of that for.  Sometimes I wanna be like Momma so bad!  An’ I tell her that’s all I wanna do an’ she just tells me to be patient again!  An’ then I get real mad an’ I go an’ throw Edgeless Thingamabobs through portals ‘til I’m not so mad. 

Oh yeah!  Almost forgot.  So I went lookin’ for Daddy an’ couldn’t find him so I went to Momma’s chamber an’ I saw he was givin’ Momma a flower!  It was little an’ yellow an’ it was really cute.  But you know what was cuter?  Momma was so happy ‘bout the flower that she cuddled Daddy!  An’ he was real happy about that an’ I was happy too so I jumped up an’ down ‘cause there was just so much happiness ‘round there!  An’ I decided that I was gonna go an’ not ask one of them to get my Edgeless Thingamabob ‘cause Momma only likes bein’ happy with one person at a time. 

An’ then I was wanderin’ around an’ suddenly I thought of somethin’!  I dunno why Daddy was givin’ Momma the flower, okay?  An’ there’s only one time ever Daddy gives me somethin’ an’ he calls it my birthday!  So I’m thinkin’ it must be Momma’s birthday an’ that means I should get her a present too.  So now I’m tryin’ to think of what to give her.  The problem is that I dunno what Momma likes.  All I ever really see her doin’ is workin’.  Sometimes she’ll make shiny pretty pictures on her screens but only when she thinks I’m sleepin’ an’ only Daddy’s seein’ ‘em.  An’ she plays them games with Daddy an’ me sometimes but that’s all I think.