A day with Corporal

Chapter: 4

Year: 840

-Verity's Pov

-3 days later-

Lately, training has been getting harder and harder. Levi has been pushing us beyond our limits. And I've feel like I've been feeling it the worst. He's seemed to notice I don't have a lot of strength, so everything I have to do involves doing stuff to strengthen my muscles or something like that. Of course I'm staying positive as usual. But today, it's way too early and I'm already exhausted.

"Oi! Verity! Come here."

"Yes, corporal?"

"What have I told you to call me?"

"Levi."

"Correct. Now. I can see your exhausted, and I'm not making any exception for you. 200 laps and 50 push-ups."

"Yes, Levi!"

-1 hour later (7:30 am)-

IM SO TIRED. I just threw myself onto my bed. It felt like I could just sink into the bed. Man these sheets are pure heaven.

*BANG*

My head jerked up to see Hanji smashing the door open, running in like the crazy person she is.

"Oh hi Hanj- AHHHH" I felt Hanji shoving a bag over my head and tying me up...

-Hanji's Pov

MY PLAN WILL BE SUCCESFUL!

I have Erd and Gunther handling Levi while I get Verity into his room. THEN I will lock them in together with no way out! It's genius!

Right now I'm dragging Verity's unconscious body down the hallway.

"Hanji? What are you doing to Miss Abbott?"

"Oh hey Erwin! Well um, it's not what it looks like! Well it is! But it's not..." He gave me a look. WHY did I have to run into him of all people.

"Hanji. I have to ask again. What are you up to?"

"Ok well IM going to hook Levi and Verity up! Or at least show them their feelings for each other."

"By tying her up?"

"And locking them up together!"

"You couldn't just ask her?"

"Well..."

"You know what. Just continue on."

"THANKS ERWIN!" I tried to hurriedly drag Verity down the hall to Levi's room.

-Levi's Pov

"What the hell are you two brats doing? Why are the windows locked... From the outside!?!" I demanded at Erd and Gunther.

"We're just trying to have a conversation." Erd said to me.

"Well I don't want to have a-"

"GOT HER!" My whole body froze when I saw Hanji dragging Verity's body in. "GO!" All three of those shit-heads ran out, locking the door. What?

I quickly ran over to Verity to make sure she was ok. I ripped the bag off, slightly shaking her.

"Verity!"

"Ugh, what happened?"

"Well, Hanji kidnapped you and brought you here. While Gunther and Erd locked all the doors and windows. From the outside."

"Ok... That's weird."

"Very. Now, are you ok?

"Ya I'm ok. I mean, I'm really tired and sore but fine."

"You know, I've been pushing you hard so you'll get better. When an expedition comes, I don't want you to get hurt."

"Levi-"

"Shut up."

"Ok."

"Since we're stuck here, mind helping me with some paperwork?"

"Sure."

-3 pm-

"I'm done with this." I groaned shoving some papers to the side, "I can't believe those shit heads forgot food and water."

"Ya. But why would they do this?"

"Who knows. All I know is that I'm going to make them pay."

"Personally, I think we should make the best of this."

"You're right. At least I'm stuck with you."

"Ya, if I was stuck with Matt I'd have hurt myself or him."

"What's with you and Matt? Are you two a thing."

"No, we're just best friends."

"Ok good." I wasn't going to let that brat interfere at all.

"What?"

"Never mind."

"Ok."

"Do you mind if a take at least a ten minute nap?" She asked.

"Go ahead."

"Thanks."

I watched as Verity lied down on the sofa, curling up. I felt bad I didn't have any blankets. They're in my room, which I'm locked out of. And I'm not going to bother to break anything down. The mess would be too much to handle. I refocused my gaze back on Verity. She had already fallen asleep, but she was shaking. I didn't want her to be cold.

I walked over, I moved some hair from her face. She's absolutely so pure and innocent, especially when she's asleep. I couldn't help myself, I laid down next to her, wrapping her in my arms. Her body was shaking. I pulled her in closer to my chest, allowing myself to drift off.

***

-Verity's Pov

My eyes began to flutter open, I yawned softly. I went to snuggle into the sheets, but there was something else there. It was warm... OH MY GOSH ITS LEVI... What!?!?!?! Why-why!?

"LEVI?!" He jerked up, taking in his surroundings.

"Verity..."

"Why are um we..."

"Oh well. Nothing happened. You were shaking, I was tired and well, I decided that it didn't matter if I just laid with you."

"Ok I guess that's fine."

"Mmm." He closed his eyes, laying back down. He looked so peaceful.

"Do you know what time it is?"

"No."

"Ok, um, can you find out somehow?"

"No."

"Do you say anything else besides no?"

"No."

"You have great vocabulary."

"Thanks." He got up and started organizing papers. Why was his office so perfect!? Then...

"HEY YOU GUYS!!!! HOWD IT GO!? ARE YOU TWO TOGETHER NOW!? ANY FEELINGS!?" Hanji burst through the door.

"What the hell are you talking about Shitty Glasses?" Levi asked. Wait? They did this to get us together!?

"Oh well... Never mind, uh I'll be going. You guys do whatever... GUYS IT FAILED!" She screamed running out the door.

"Um, I'm going to go. That was kinda strange. Bye." I quickly ran out the door.

"Wait Verity!" I didn't care he was calling me. Why would everyone try to force this. I wasn't sure of my feelings for him. Ya I'm attracted to him, but is he to me? I've also heard he's like... Old. It shouldn't matter but, would it ever work between us?