Sick...?

[A/N gotta make it dramatic somehow]

Chapter: 13

Year: 840

-Verity's Pov

Oh shit! I over slept again! Alright, need to hurry up-

Ow! I clutched my stomach. Sharp, throbbing pains were throughout. Wha-

Oh man. I felt like I was going to be sick.

Nausea immediately took over, deeming me weak. Wha-

*cough cough*

My coughs sounded more like hacks. Everything hurt like hell. I immediately sprinted to the bathroom.

Continuing to hack, I covered my mouth with my hands, sitting next to the toilet.bMaybe I have a fever? No this is too-

*hacking coughs*

I was practically sitting over the toilet. My stomach hurt like hell. I immediately knew I was going to throw up.

-a few painful minutes later-

This has never happened before. I wiped my mouth, struggling to stand up.

Looking in the mirror, I looked pretty terrible. I was pale and my eyes shot. I did my best to wash up, immediately brushing my teeth so that disgusting smell/taste was attacked.

Most of the pain was gone... um let's get to training. Maybe I'll feel better after that.

***

"Oi, Verity." I turned, coming face to face with Levi, "you look sick. What's wrong."

"Nothing I'm just tired."

"Really? You slept fine. And it doesn't look like you're sleep deprived."

"Levi, I'm fine. Don't worry."

"Ok. But if you don't feel well-"

"I feel fine."

"Tch." He walked away to begin training. I was afraid to tell him about this morning.

***

So far, training has been a lot harder than usual. And I think it's just me. Everyone else seems fine. I can't help but notice Levi watching me the whole time. He knows something's up.

I grabbed my head. I felt so dizzy causing me to stumble forward, losing my balance. I did my best to regain myself. Levi started to walk towards me.

Why am I so fatigued? Maybe because I didn't eat this morning?

Everything around me began to spin, my brain just seemed to shut off, leaving my body to fall, hitting the ground with an "umph".

"VERITY!"

-3 days later-

"When will she wake up?" Levi?

"Hopefully soon."

"L-Lev-i...?" I barely manage to gasp out.

"Ver!" I felt a hand grab mine.

"Wha-what's going on?"

"Well..." He helped me to sit up. I was in the medical wing.

"Well Miss Abbott, since you're awake I might as well let you know-"

"Know what?" Levi interrupted.

"She has pneumonia."

"Wait what?!" I yelled. I've heard about this. Most people die from it... I looked over to Levi, who looked... almost, scared.

"Yes, but since it's early on, we can give you the antibiotic. And if you stay away from the outside air, making sure you're area is germ free," oh it will be. "And make sure you eat. A lot of times you lose your appetite. Follow that and you should be fine." I nodded. This. Sucks.

"When can she leave?" Levi asked.

"Now, if she'd like."

"Come on."

***

"Levi! I don't want to sleep!"

"You should get plenty of rest. I'm going to get you food. Do not do anything immature. Meaning no fresh air!"

"But-"

"No. This is serious Verity. I can't let anything get worse."

"Ok." He came and placed a kiss on my forehead, then placing his forehead on mine, "I'm honestly afraid of what could happen."

"Levi... I am too. I don't want to die."

"I'm not going to let that happen."