What was that

[hi everyone! I'd really appreciate if anyone of you wants to give me any ideas- cause a part of me doesn't want to even continue the story. Sorry it's short]

Chapter: 21

Year: 840

-Verity's Pov

"H-hey Levi..." I'm gonna see if I can talk to him about being 'followed'... It was weird.

"Yes?" He set his papers down... More like slammed.

"Never mind- I'm sorry I interrupted." Maybe I shouldn't have interrupted...

"What is it?"

"N-never mind."

"If you're going to interrupt at least have a good reason for it." He sighed, quite annoyed.

"Sorry..." I muttered. As you can see, he's been difficult. Feeling quite awkward in my present situation, I fled to Levi's room to sleep.

I wasn't sure for how long I was out but- at one point I know I could feel/hear the bed shift. Levi's probably retiring for the night then.

"I wish you would remember..." He mumbled against my skin before he tightened his embrace around me. Apart of me wanted to answer back, but honestly I wasn't even aware of most of my surroundings.

-morning-

"Get up." A hand traced my jawline...

"No...."

"Yes." The top blanket was removed, causing me to snap up into a seated position.

"That was harsh!"

"Tch. Anyways, last night you seemed upset. What was it?" Right to the point as always.

"Nothing."

"It had to be something."

"Fine! But I was just being paranoid so it's no big deal!" Why is he acting like he cares?

"What?" His eyes showed confusion.

"I-I just thought someone was following me is all..."

"That's all? Ver, that's serious."

"Well I wasn't completely positive!"

"You still should've told me!"

"Sorry..." Maybe I should've just said something.

"No more going out by yourself."

"What!? That's totally not fair! You can't just control what I do!" I've had it. It was like I could just see a part of him snap. He cautiously turned towards me.

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me."

"Someone could be trying to hurt you. And I'm being controlling? Do you not care what happens?"

"If I'm in danger, then it's obvious you higher ups aren't doing a good job at-"

"Stop talking." He glared. I could tell he definitely didn't want this turned on him.

"No, I'm finally standing up for myself. Come talk to me when you've become... Nicer. Yah, that sounds fair enough." I know there's no way Levi's just gonna turn all lovey and caring in one night but... Just trying to get a point across. I feel like I'm too much of a pushover.

"Please don't walk out that door." Distress. A strange emotion to see with Levi...

"Sorry."

"This isn't you..."

"I don't know what is anymore." And I left. Closing the door behind me.

***

"It f-felt so wrong for me to-to do." I sobbed into Rose's shoulder as Matt paced the room.

"I mean... This whole situation has been hard for everyone Ver. And I mean everyone." She tried to calm me down.

"I-I was so harsh...."

"Well he's harsh himself to everyone. I mean if someone's gonna talk back, best it be you." Matt said.

"What if he hates me?"

"He loves you..." Rose cooed.

"What if he bans me from the upcoming expedition?"

"You're not in any form to go anyways. Physically and mentally."

"I just- feel like a burden. I can't even help myself! You'd think remembering a detail like this would be easy, but it's not!"

"None of this is your fault! How many times do we have to tell you that? No one would've thought this would happen to you!" Matt was getting worked up, "someone just attacked my best friend, and I'm gonna figure out who!" He left the room as Rose just sighed.

"As you can see, we're all upset. Get some rest..."