Expedition

Chapter: 8

Year: 840

-Levi's Pov

Today was expedition day, and I feel horrible about yesterday with Verity. I shouldn't have been so harsh. I know I said I'd treat her like anyone else because I didn't want anyone finding out, but that still was no excuse for yesterday. I should try to at least find her before the expedition.

"Hanji!?"

"Hey shorty!"

"Where's Verity?"

"Hmm probably getting ready."

"Thanks." I raced down to her room

*knock knock*

"Come in."

"Hey have time to talk?"

"Of course." She smiled. I walked over and pulled her into a hug, "Levi are you alright?"

"Are you?"

"I'm ok. I mean I'm pretty nervous."

"I just wanted to apologize for how harsh I've been lately."

"It's fine."

"No, it's really not. You're my girlfriend. And I'm willing to tell people about us. If you're comfortable."

"After the expedition."

"Promise me you'll stay safe."

"I'll do my best. And you be careful too."

"I always am." She stood up on her toes and softly pecked my lips,

"I should go." Verity said lightly.

"I'll accompany you."

***

-Verity's Pov

Any second now, my first expedition was about to begin. But my mind wasn't on that, but on Levi. I was shocked with him apologizing, but appreciated it. I can say I'm very much in love with him and it's only been over a month.

I knew I was going to survive this, just so I could see Levi after. And apparently he wants to tell people, which I'm perfectly fine with. I'm only worried about Matt.

"ADVANCE!" Commander Erwin's voice rang out. I felt like I was going to puke.

"Let's go! WOOO!!!" Hanji yelled. How did I get stuck in her squad again?

We immediately took off, outside the walls. I urged my horse to go faster but, I don't exactly have a way with horses. After some kicking, it actually stayed up with Hanji.

Outside the walls, was beautiful! Trees everywhere! I loved it!!! Why wouldn't other people want to see all of this? The smile on my face wouldn't seem to fade.

***

So far we haven't run into any titans. I'm quite scared to see my first one.

*bang*

Red smoke went up in the air. Oh no.

"Verity! Come on!" Hanji signaled for my to follow.

"Ok!"

***

*slash*

That was my second titan today. These creatures were absolutely frightening. Their eyes, teeth, and the fact they're naked... If only they had clothes their size.

"What's that sign Hanji?"

"Oh crap! We're retreating! Come on!" Already? So it is true most expeditions don't last long.

"Coming!" We both took off back towards our horses so we could get to the formation.

On our way back, the last thing I wanted to see was a half eaten corpse. My eyes widened taking the sight in. The scene was truly bloody.

"Don't look, let's go." Hanji grabbed my arm.

"O-ok."

***

"Oi, Verity!" I felt my hear skip a beat at the voice calling for me.

"Hey!" He raced over, embracing me.

"I'm glad you're ok."

"Same goes for you." I giggled.

"Ahh so I see Hanji's plans have worked." We turned to see Erwin, smiling, "how long?"

"Month." Levi responded.

"Well good luck with Hanji."

"IS THIS WHAT I THINK IT IS!?!?" Levi groaned, while I could only blush.

"It is, four eyes." Levi responded.

"YEESSSSS!!! THIS IS GREAT! TIME TO TELL EVERYONE!!!" The crazy titan lover ran off, dragging the poor Commander behind her.

"Well that means we don't have to hide anymore, so you can freely be in my room now."

"That sounds nice."

"Come, let's go sleep."