Chapter 1

CHAPTER 1

Katelyn's POV:

It was my first day; at Benton High School (Honestly I don't know if that's a really school, so, yeah.). I am really nervous, I mean who wouldn't be?! Your first day in a new state, your first day in your new neighborhood and your first day in a new school - which was ending soon, due to the end of the school year. Totally not stressful at all.

"Kate, honey! It's time for school! Are you ready?" My mom called.

"Coming! One second!" I called back.

I added a little bit of mascara and lip gloss. That's it. No eye shadow or blush or lipstick. I really don't like that much makeup. Leaving my long straight brown hair down, I grabbed my bag and ran down stairs.

"Hey, honey. Do you want me to take you to school?" My mom asked.

"No, it's okay. I'll take the bus. Hey mom, have you seen my glasses?" I asked, well putting on my converse.

"Right here, but I don't see why you use them." She said, giving me my glasses.

Honestly, I hardly need my glasses. I like to wear them because they make me look like a sort of nerd - which I am- and so I don't get noticed. I said good bye to my mom and walked out the door. I walked to the bus stop. Some people started whispering and looking at me. Well, so much for being unnoticed. When the bus came everyone got on. I was last, just like at my old school. I walked on the bus, my light brown eyes searching for a seat. Almost all of them had been taken, but finally I found one. It was at the back end of the bus, and it was empty. I walked over to it. The kids on the bus stared at me, with confused faces.

At the next bus stop, a girl came on. She was normal hight and beautiful medium length curly brown hair. Her chocolate brown eyes went to the back of the bus, looking at the seat you were in. Her eyes widened, but she walked over anyway.

"Oh, uh, sorry. Do you sit here?" I asked, when she walked over.

She nodded her head. I got up from the seat, allowing her to take a seat.

"Um, could I sit with you?" I asked.

Her eyes widened, even further, but nodded. "Why are you sitting here?" She whispered, as I say down.

"Is there a problem, sitting here? I could move, if you like." I told her.

"No, it's just," she sighed. "I kinda get picked on at school. I only get noticed, she I'm being teased, or used. Are you sitting here, because of a dare?"

"What? No! I'm new here, actually." I looked at her, shocked. I hated many people, but the list never stopped.

"You're new?" She asked. I nodded. "We'll you shouldn't be hanging with me, you won't be a popular."

I scoffed. "Like I want to be a popular.'Oh look, Kelly! Those boys are totally checking me out!'" I imitated, earning a laugh from the girl beside me.

"'You should pull up your skirt more, they can hardly see your underwear!'" She imitated, also in a popular girl voice. I looked at her and started laughing.

"I'm Katelyn." I told her.

"I'm Emily." She gave me smile.

"Well Emily, you seem pretty cool. Would you like to come to my house sometime?" I asked.

She looked shocked. "Are you serious?"

"I'm Sirius Black." She looked confused. "Harry Potter, joke. I'm dead serious."