Chapter 17

Katelyn's POV

It was finally Friday. The past week has been really strange. The only good this was that Emily and Niall have been hanging out more, and Zayn kept giving Chris looks -which hadn't gone unnoticed by anyone- but that wasn't what I was worried about. Kelly kept giving me smug smiles and cold smirks -worst part was that I had no idea why! On top of that, Jake and Sam are still ignoring me, and I'm getting kind of worried. Chris and Em filled me up on there theory about Kelly being involved, and I wouldn't be surprised if she was.

Kelly is that person who you hate and always laugh at when they get in trouble. The one who you are always routing against. You just hate her -as cruel as it sounds, but there's always people like that out there.

I heard Chris yelling from inside her room. telling me to get ready. I sighed and stopped looking at the ceiling. I hopped out of bed and placed my feet on the cold hardwood, of my room. I walked out of my room and towards the hallway bathroom. I would have used mine. But it was connected to Chris' room so it was technically hers too and she was using it. I turned on the water and made sure it wouldn't burn me, before stripping down and hopping in. After my much needed shower, I turned off the water to find that I had forgotten my towel.

"Oh, shiznits." I muttered.

I looked through the cupboards and draws until I found one.

"Yes!" I cheered. "Oh thank the lord."

I walked out of the bathroom and started to walk towards my room, only to collied with another body. We fell to the ground, me on the top. I closed my eyes and sighed in relief, no one broke there arm and everyone was good. I looked down to see who I had run into, to be met with a pair of stunning green eyes.

"Well." Michael said. "Good morning to you."

I blushed. "Oh, uh, sorry about that." I about to ask why he was here so early when I remembered that they basically lived here, since they had been back.

"So, um, Kats?" Michael coughed. "Could you, um, kind of stand up?"

My blush deeper when he said this. At that moments I realized that I had been basically straddling him. I cleared my throat and stood up. I adjusted the towel, making sure it wouldn't fall off, and helped Michael up.

"You okay there, Mic?" I asked, as I noticed that he was just staring at me.

He cleared his throat. "Yeah. Just trying to, um -you know what? I got to go. Have a nice day!"

With out another word, he headed towards a different direction. I nodded to my self and headed towards my room, in hopes of getting ready on time.

When I walked down stairs, to find everyone siting at the table. Sam and Jake gave me the cold shoulder, well everyone else gave me smiles. I sighed and have them all smiles back.

"So," I said taking a seat on the island. "Who's taking us to school, today?"

"Umm, I don't know." Luke said.

"Well, I need to borrow Niall after school today."

"What did you do?"

I gasped dramatically. "What makes you think that I have down something?"

He held up his hands up in defense. "Sorry, what do you need?"

"I'll tell you when you come and get me." I gave him and inoccent smile.

"Why me?" He whined, in a joking manner.

"Becasue you love me!" I sang.

"The lads love you too! Right?" He gave questioning looks to the boys.

"Yeah!" They exclaimed -all except my wonderful brothers.

"Please!" I whined.

"Fine! But just beacuse I love you."

"I love you to!" I exclaimed. I jumped off the counter and kissed him on the cheek.

"Yeah, yeah." He mumbled.

"Okay. Well, I'll take you guys to school and then Niall can pick you guys up." Calum said.

"Awesome!" Chris siad, as she grabbed a bagel.

••••••••••••

It's was finally the last block of the day. Health. Em, Chris and I had it together, but Chris -being the genus she is (not)- got in trouble. No she and to stay back in her class, till 10 minutes after the last bell. Idiot.

"Hey! You ready for health?" Em asked, walking beside me.

I shrugged. "It's not the worst class."

"You can say that again."

I shrugged again. "It's not the worst class."

"It was a metaphor."

"What about Augustus' metaphor?! Huh!" I shouted in a joking manner.

"I'm sorry! I didn't mean it like that."

"Yeah. And (TFIOS SPOILER) Augusts didn't mean to die." I mumbled.

"Breath, Kate. Breath." Em joked.

"Come on." I said as we walked into our class. "Let's get this day over and done with."

"Oh yeah, so why do you need to go to the mall?"

"Well," I said, stretching out the word. "I need to buy someone something."

"Someone special?" She asked, giving me a smile.

I blushed. "No."

"Come on! Tell me!" She whined as we sat in our seats.

"It's not that big of a secret. It's just that November 20th is almost here."

"Yeah. I can't believe that it's already November. But the 20th..." She trailed of. A few moments later (sponge bob, where are you?), she gasped in realization. "Mikey's birthday!"

I nodded. I'm going to get his gift. I forgot about it until a few days ago."

"What are you going to get him?"

"I don't know. Maybe something to match his red hair? No! A game or something!"

"Or something?" Em raised an eyebrow.

"Shush up. I'll find something." I said, before the teacher started her lesson.

A/N:

Sorry for the short chapter! I'm updating again, soon. Please comment, vote and share!

~ Bob the Unicorns friend.