Chapter 21

(A/N: Oh. My. God. THANK YOU GUYS FOR THE 1k+ READS!!!! You guys are the best!!)

Chapter 21

Katelyn's POV

"Chris? I'll be right back, okay?" I told Chris, turning to face her. She nodded and I walked up the stairs.

After Em and went to go get ready, Michael stayed with Niall, well Chris and waited downstairs. But I had to talk to Niall. It was important.

I knocked of Niall's door and opened it, not waiting for an answer.

"Hey! I could have been changing!" Niall said, sitting on the edge of his bed.

I rolled my eyes. "You would have just been in your boxers. Calm down."

"What's up?" He asked.

I turned to Michael, who was laying on the bed. "Uh, Michael?" I asked, attracting his attention. "Could Niall and I talk, alone."

"Sure, thing." He got up and walked out of the room, closing the door behind him.

I looked at Niall. I sat down beside him and crossed my legs. Niall followed my actions, allowing us to face each other. I have him a smile and he raised an eyebrow. I started bouncing up and down, my grin widening. Niall smiled back, but looked at me funny.

"Kate?" He asked, cautiously. "Are you okay?"

I giggled. "Niall. Do you like someone?"

Niall looked down and cleared his throat, but I seen the red appearing on the back of his neck and tips of his ears.

"I knew it! Who is it? I mean I think I know who it is, but I just want to make sure."

He looked up at me, and just as I has predicted, was blushing. "Who do you think it is?"

"Well. I believe that she is my age. She is in my grade. Has beautiful and long brown hair. Oh! And her name is Emily. Correct or correct?"

"Yeah. It's her. Please don't be mad!" He exclaimed, looking worried.

I looked at him, then laughed. "Niall, I'm not mad. I knew you liked her. Even though it's been about a month and a half, I could tell. So, you going to ask her out?" I raised my eyebrow.

He sighed and scratched the back of his neck. "She probably just thinks of me as her best friends cousin, as some famous guy."

"Niall James freakin Horan. Do I need to smack you with a hard cover book?!" I exclaimed, catching his attention. "That girl has liked you since you met! Even before. Who do you think is her all time favourite from One Direction?"

"What?" His eyes widened.

"Niall. She likes you. I bet you that if you asked her out, she would say yes. Unless something's wrong with her, at that moment."

"But you would be okay with me asking out one of your best friends?" He asked shocked.

"Yeah." I shrugged. "I mean, you would treat her well. But," I pointed my finger at him. "If you hurt her, in anyway, you got me hunting your ass. And believe me, you don't want that."

"Oh, believe me, I know." He muttered.

"No. It would be worse then you have seen. Anyway. Go ask her, now. We can help her get something and you can plan it."

I stood up and walked up to the door. I put my hand on the knob, but didn't twist it. I turned back to Niall.

"Do something special, okay?"

He nodded and I walked out of the room. I walked down the stairs, to find Chris, Em and Michael sitting on the couch. Their backs facing me. I cleared my throat, causing them to snap their necks towards me.

"Uh, Em? I think Niall wants to talk to you." I smiled and bit my lip.

She blushed and nodded, walking up the stairs. Chris gave me a knowing look.

"So, playing match maker here, I see?" She asked, once Em was out of earshot.

"Hey!" I said, flopping on the couch beside Michael. "I just gave Niall a push in right direction."

Chris snorted. Before she could say anything, Zayn, Harry and Ash walked into the room. Chris' once sort of happy face, turned stone cold and emotionless. Zayn and her had a stair contest.

"What are you staring at, Malik?" She snapped, breaking the silence.

"Why do you care, Lewis?"

Chris stood up and grabbed her bag. "I'll be in the car." She spun on her heel and went to get her shoes, but Zayn's words stopped her.

"Yeah,walk away. That's what you do, isn't it? Why are you here, anyways? Did your family not want you? Or would non of the guys back in Canada date you?" Zayn stood up.

"Zayn!" I hissed, standing up as well.

"What" Zayn shrugged, fire in his eyes. What is wrong with him, today? "Does little Christen not like the truth?" He sneered at Chris.

"Don't. You. Fucking. Dare." Chris growled, pausing between each word. 

Her back was was still facing us, but I could tell that she was beyond angry. Beyond furious, in fact. She turned around, and stomped over to Zayn, and pointed one of her fingers at him. 

"Don't you fucking dare talk about me, like you know me." Anger and rage was evident in her voice. "Because you don't. Believe me, asshole, you k now nothing."

Anyone could see the fire in both of their eyes. The only difference was that Chris' eyes were angrier. And one thing, that only I could see. It was moments like these, that I hated that I was so close to her. Because I could see the pain and hurt in her eyes. The pain that only Niall and I helped her with. The past.

I could tell that Zayn had crossed the line, and Chris was less then a step away from punching his face in. And believe me, that is not something you want to bring upon yourself. I walked up to them, and put my hands on Zayn's chest.

"Zayn," I said, trying to stay calm. "Go take a walk."

He held eye contact with Chris, for a while longer and turned on his heel and went back into the kitchen. I turned to face Chris. I hated seeing my best friend like this. Her face was stone cold, and the once colorful eyes, turned dark and blank. I sighed.

"Chris? Go out to the car, and I'll go get Em. Okay?" I said in a hushed tone.

She just stood there, but after a while she nodded and went to put on her shoes. I closed my eyes and sighed, running my fingers through my hair. I turned to see that Ash and Michael were the only other people in the room, and I assumed that Harry went after Zayn. I opened my mouth to speak, when Michael cut me off.

"I'll take you to the mall." He said, answering my unspoken question.

I nodded. "Thank you. I'll go get Em." 

He nodded and walked down the hallway, towards the front door. I looked up at Ash.

"I'll see you later, yeah?" He asked me.

I nodded. "Yeah, sure." I gave him a weak smiled, which he returned, and walked up stairs.

I was about to opened Niall's bedroom door, when a giddy Emily walked out. I smirked and raised an eyebrow, knowing what had already happened. She bounced up and down, but still amged to blush and keep the smile on her face. She closed the door behind her. She jumped on me.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" She squealed. I bet China could hear her, but she was to happy to care. And honestly, so was I.

"Why are you thanking me?" I laughed, and hugged her back.

"Because you aren't mad that Niall and I are going on a date, later tonight. And that you gave him the push he needed to ask me out. I am so happy, I think I'm going to faint."

"No you won't. But come on, lets go get you something for your date tonight."