Chapter 16

Katelyn's POV
"Hey, you ready to go?" Em asked standing in my doorway.

It was another torturous day. A school day. After taking a few days off to help Chris get settled in, her, Em and I where all heading to school.

"I don't wanna go!" I complained as I grabbed my purse.

"Non of us do." Chris said standing behind Em.

I sighed. "Who's taking us to school, today?" I asked, walking down the stairs.

"I am!" Ash gave us smile, and put on his shoes.

"Oh, I see you have had your breakfast now?" I smiled back.

He gave me a funny look. "What?"

"Aren't you a jerk in the morning, before you eat?"

"How did you know that?"

"I told her." Em cut in.

He nodded and headed out to the car, telling us to hurry or we will be late. We were puting on our shoes, when Liam walked up to us holding apples.

"Here, you guys. Eat these in the car."

"Thanks." We said in unison.

We took the apples. I kissed Liam's cheek and we walked out of the house. Em sat beside Ash, as Chris and I took seats in the back. The car ride was full of laughs, jokes and bad singing. I couldn't help but feel like today was going to end badly. I pushed the thought to the back of my mind, as they pulled up to the school.

"Okay." Ash turned to us. "Sam and Jake will pick you guys up. Have a good day at school." He kissed Em's forehead and we got out of the car.

•••••••••

"Thanks for showing me around the school." Chris said, as we walked towards the parking lot.

"No problem." I smiled at her.

"Kate?" Em asked. "Why did Kelly keep giving you a werid look, today?"

"That's her name?" Chris asked.

I gave them confused looks. "What are you talking about?"

"She kept looking at you and giving you a look of, victory. Like she won something."

"I have no idea." I looked over to where she was standing and she looked at me. She gave me a evil and cold smirk, and gave me a small wave.

"K, that's kind of creepy." Chris said.

"Lets just go, the boys pulled up." Em said.

We nodded and walked to the car. Sam and Jake sat in the front, leaving the girls and I to sit in the back. They each wanted the window, so i sat in the middle.

"Hello brothers!" I said, smiling. I had always loved seeing my brothers.

They looked at me, through the review mirror, then looked away not responding. My smile deflated.

"Hey guys." Chris and Em said.

"Hey." The boys said in unison.

The girls and I exchanged glances. Why did my brothers ignore me? Did I do something wrong? An unwelcoming feeling erupted in my stomach. The rest of the car ride was filled with an uncomfortable silence. When we pulled into the drive way, Sam and Jake stormed into the house. I felt like I was going to cry. Sure the boys and I have fought before, but the way they were acting -this was new. The girls got out of the car, we slowly following.
We walked into the house and heard two doors upstairs slam shut. I slowly took off my shoes and slowly walked up to my room and ignored the questioning looks form the others. I shut my door and laid on my bed.

Michael's POV

The boys and I exchanged glances, then looked at the other two girls.

"What happened?" Niall asked.

The girls shrugged. They explained what happened in the car. Why did they ignore her? From what we know, she didn't do anything wrong. Now that I think about it, they have been out longer then Kate said they would be. They finished work around 3 and came home around that time, but have been coming home around 5. Kate was really worried and when she tried to ask them, they would say that they had to do something. How did we forget this?

"They have bee coming home late, and saying that they had stuff to do."

"More like someone." Harry muttered, but I guess the girls heard, because they looked at each other.

They had a silent conversation with there eyes. They nodded and there expressions changed, like they started arguing. Chris sighed, as if she had lost the fight. They both turned towards us.

"Hey Luke and Niall?" Em asked.

"Yeah?" They said in unison.

"You remember that girl Kelly"

"The girl from when we came to pick you and Kate up?" Luke asked.

"Yeah. She had been giving Kate a weird look all day. Like she had won a fight or something." Em explained.

"We think it has something to do with Jake and Sam."

"Wait," Cal said. "You think that this Kelly girl has something to do with Jake and Sam acting strange?"

The girls nodded.

"Okay," I said. "What are we going to do?"

"You guys aren't going to do anything." Chris said, firmly. "We are going to go to school and keep an eye out on Kelly and Kate."

"But-" Louis started.

"No." Em said. "Sorry you guys, but you can't just come to our school."

The boys and I sighed in defeat, knowing we weren't going to win this fight.

"Fine." Zayn said. "Just be care full."
I looked at Zayn as he spoke, and I could have swore that he looked at Chris.

Chris gave us -but mostly Zayn- a reassuring smile. "We will. Don't worry."