Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Katelyn's POV

I hobbled over to the bathroom, down the hall. I turned on the light and closed the door. I rested my hands on the self and closed my eyes, trying not to let the tears escape. Honestly, I hated crying. I look ugly, and I don't like people seeing me like this. Weak, venerable -more than usual. I don't know why my emotions are so messed up. Even when is not 'that time' I'm emotional. Mostly towards books, or shows. It just bothers me. There was a knock on the door. Thinking it was Jake or Sam, I ignored it. Then the knock came again. And again. My brothers knew that I cry every time I see this movie, so they would have just walked away. Wiping away the tears that had escaped, I opened the door, to face Chad.

"Hey, what's wrong?" He asked. He looked worried. I shook my head, I didn't trust myself to speak. "Kate? What's wrong?"

"It's stupid and embarrassing." I turned around and walked over to the tub, sitting on the edge.

"Hey, you can tell me anything." He sat down, beside me. I shook my head. He sighed. "If you tell me your secret, I'll tell mine. Deal?"

I nodded. "I was crying, because the movie. I watched the movie, before and after I read the book. Do you know what happens to Rue? She dies. I don't know why I'm so flipping emotional, and it just bothers me." This the first time I told anyone this. My brothers just walked in on my, well I was crying and put the puzzle pieces together.

"I'm gay." He spoke after a while.

I looked at him. "Yo-"

"I understand if you don't want to be my friend anymore." He looked down, at his hands. I put my hand on his, causing him to look at me.

"I don't care if you are gay or not. I love you just the same." He gave me a grateful smile and pulled me unto a hug.

When we pulled away, I rested my head on his shoulder. "Can I tell you anothe secret?" I asked.

"You mean, beside your emotional damage?" He laughed. "Yeah, you can tell me anything."

"I've always wanted a gay best friend. Looks like my wish came true." He laughed, again. "Does Em know?"

"Yeah. Anyway, let's get back to the movie. I think Rue's gone, now."

I nodded. I got up and hissed in pain. My stupid foot. Ugh. Chad notices and helps me walk out. When we enter the living room, everyone looks at me. I just give them a smile, as I sit beside Em.

"You okay?" She whispers, in my ear.

"Yeah. I have like emotional damage, so I cry easily when I read or watch something." I whisper back.

"Did he tell you?" She asked.

"Chad?" she nodded. "Yeah. But I still love him."

"Me too." We laugh.

"Who do you guys love?" Ashton asks, with raised eyebrows. I guess we said the last couple words a little too loud, because all eyes were in us.

"Chady! Chad, Chad Chady Chad Chad!" Em and I sang.

"I love you too!" Chad says, sitting in between us.

"No boys." All the other boys said. The irony.

"But your boys!" I complained.

"Neither of you can date Chad." Jake said.

Chad, Em and I looked at each other, and then burst out laughing. If only they knew. The boys all looked at us, like we deserved a place in a mental hospital -a look I got a lot. But really, even if Chad wasn't gay, I don't think I would date him. Sorry Chad.

"You guys," Chad said, after we stopped laughing. "I'm-"

"Chad," I whispered. "You don't have to tell them."

"Its okay." He spoke, letting the guys hear. "I'm gay."

All the boys blushed. "Sorry." Jake mumbled.

"It's okay, you guys didn't know." Chad said, brushing it off.

We all sat, in silence. My phone broke the silence, by ringing. It rang a ring tone that I could sing off, by heart. I heard it that much. Talk Dirty by Jason Derulo.

Been around the world, don't speak the language

But your booty don't need explaining

All I really need to understand is

When you talk dirty to me

Talk dirty to me

Talk dirty to me

I jumped up from my seat, causing all eyes to go on me. I pulled my phone out of my back pocket. "It's her!" I mumbled. "It's her!" I shouted. "Wait, what did she do now?"

I answered the phone, smiling. "Chris? Is it you?"

"The one and only." Christen spoke.

See, before I moved I had one friend, since, like, birth. Her name was Christen. She used to get picked on because people said her name was a boy name. But she didn't take it, easily. One day, in grade 5, she got so mad, that she punched a kid. In the face. You do not want to get on her bad side. But we have always been friends. She would stick up for me, she is the reason I can stand up to people. She is just a really awesome friend and takes shit from no one. She is also a sort of a rebel. Before I moved, she got kicked out of like 3 or 4 schools. And she's sporty and beautiful. She is just amazing. When I moved, we promised to visit and talk as much as we could. This was my first time talking to her, since I moved. I just missed her voice.

"How are you doing?" I asked. "Why are you calling?"

"I'm doing the same. And why can't I call my best friend?"

"Chris. I know when something's up, I can hear it in your voice."

She sighed "Shit." She mumbled. "I got kicked out of my 5th school and my parents are kicking me out. I hate to do this, but, can I move in with you and your family?"