Imagine starting a snowball fight with the company

Thorin x Modern Reader

You were relaxing inside Beorn's home, looking outside the window watching the snow fall ( A/N I know it didn't snow in the movie but pretend ) you start to feel a bit mischievous. Growing up in your world, you never got to play in the snow when you were in your world, so when you first saw it, you tried your hardest to contain your excitement.

You looked around the room deciding who your first victim would be and your eyes almost immediately landed on Fili and Kili. You walk outside when you notice no one's really paying attention to you, make two large snowballs. As you're about to walk inside, you get another idea, no one else is paying attention to the back of the house, so you quickly build a snow barricades with a large pile of 'ammo' behind each one, it took you about an hour or so to get everything ready.

So without any time to waste, you grab the two snowballs and casually walk inside, hiding your 'weapons' behind your back. You don't want them to be suspicious, so you clear your throat and try to sound as innocent as possible. "Hey, Fili, Kili. Could you help me with something?" You say with a small smile. Fili and Kili both look at you and smile, "Of course, what do you need help with, lass?" Fili asks. You quickly take the snowballs from behind your back and before they had enough time to react they both fall backwards due to the snowball impact.

The company saw what happened and everyone started laughing, including Dwalin and Thorin. You were doubled over with your hands over your stomach, trying to catch your breath. As the princes brush the snow off themselves, they look at you with amused expressions, as Kili stands up and finishes brushing the last bit of snow on him, he says "You just declared war!" "I was hoping you'd say that." You say giggling.

You quickly dart outside and run behind one of your snow barricades and grab two more snowballs waiting for them. You hear heavy footsteps coming outside, hearing the princes laughing seemed liked a good sign. "It's two against one, lass! Hope you're prepared for the doom you've brought onto yourself!" You look over the barricade to see Fili and Kili running over to a barricade and arm themselves.

You look over to the house and see everyone coming outside. You also see Bofur, Bifur,  Ori, Nori, and even Bilbo running out and separating to their own barricades. "IT'S EVERY MAN -uh- DWARF AND HOBBIT FOR THEMSELVES! LAST ONE STANDING WINS!" You yelled. As you and half the other dwarves and Bilbo started running around, trying to hit each other out, some of the othe dwarves teamed up. Bifur and Bofur, Ori and Nori. So when you saw Bilbo by himself, you ran over to him. "Shhhh, it's okay, let's team up." you whispered. He nodded and helped you.

Ori, Bifur, Bofur, and Kili were all out sitting on the back porch watching the war continue with everyone else who didn't get involved. The fight started to get a little close to the house and as you were hiding behind the barricade closest to the house. Nori threw one towards you, but you could tell he was going to miss and instead of hit you, it would hit Thorin. Making a quick last minute decision, you quickly push Thorin out of the way and take the very large snowball to the chest. You dramatically fall over, hand over heart, in front of Thorin and Dwalin. "Lass?!" Balin exclaimed. He was about to come over and help you but Thorin knelled over you to help you up.

"T-Thorin? Is that you?" you say quietly, stroking his cheek. Thorin chuckled and decided to play along. "It's me, I'm here." You could hear him holding his laugh back while everyone else was laughing lightly. "I'm not gonna let anything happen to you." he continued. "Thorin" you dramatically choked out. "Avenge .... me ..... *long dramatic exhale*". "Noooooooo!" Thorin cried. He picked up a few snowballs from the barricade you were recently were at and handed a few to Dwalin, and some other members of the company.

"Come on lads, we must avenge (Y/N)!" They all yelled their battle cries as they ran into the battlefield. Thorin, Dwalin, and Balin ran after Fili. Oin, Gloin, and Dori ran after Nori. And Bilbo came over to help you up while Bombur made hot chocolate for everyone. A recipe he and the company were more than grateful for after showing them how to make it. Everyone went inside to warm up after being in the cold for so long. Well, you went to warm up anyway. Curse the dwarves for having thick and tough skin to endure these conditions.

You were starting to drift off to sleep by the fire and the hot chocolate sitting on the ground with you hand laying limply next to it as if you were still holding it, when you felt something thick, heavy and warm lay gently on your shoulders. You look up to see Thorin looking down at you smiling. "May I?" he asks gesturing towards the open space next to you. "Of course, you don't need to ask. You are the leader of this company after all." You reply half sassy. He smiles at you and looks to the fire.

"You said before, when we first found you, that you know of our journey. That you've seen these past events and those to come more than thousands of times. If I asked what it is to come when we leave, would you tell?" Thorin asked. It caught you off guard and now fully awake, you awkwardly shuffle to straighten yourself and laugh lightly to try and cover it, "Uhh, heh, in all honesty, no, I wouldn't. I don't want my knowledge to affect your plans on the journey. I know what it is to come, yes. But everything that happens here on after, happens for a reason. And I don't wanna risk to story changing in any way because of me." you said honestly. You knew what was to happen and it all has to happen for the story to continue smoothly.

Thorin looked at you and nodded understandingly. "But this I can tell you," you say. Thorin looks at you with full attention, "I've already told you and the others that we do get to the mountain, but what I didn't tell you is that getting to the mountain was going to be the easy part. What happens after is what I'm afraid of." you tell him as you stare at the fire, afraid to look at him. "When your journey ends, is when mine will begin. Though I cannot tell you what happens after we reclaim the mountain, I will tell you that I intend to change it. It's the only part of the story I plan on changing. I don't know if you fully believe that I'm from another world or not, but I do need you to trust me, if not with your life at least trust that I will only tell you what I believe you need to know." you say looking in your lap.

Thorin reaches for your hands that are in your lap and holds them in his, "I do believe you are from another world, I believe that you will tell us what we need to know in the right moment we need to know it. I do trust you with my life, as i hope you trust me with yours." Thorin says as you look into each others eyes. He looks from you to fire for a moment and then looks back to you, "How well do you know this world?" He asked with a half smile. "Not a lot, but quite a bit. I know some dwarven and elven words but I'm the farthest thing from fluent in either language, heh." you laughed awkwardly, sensing a little mischievousness behind his words. He smiled at you, wider than before and kissed your forehead before standing and heading to where he slept. Thorin turned around and looked at you, "Good night, Armrâlimê." You looked at him shocked and your mouth slightly agape. "I-I-I don't know what that means." you stutter trying to speak innocently. He looks even more amused, chuckling, "I think you do." You close your mouth and smile at him, "Good night, your majesty." you jokingly say half bowing. He laughs as he walks away. You look back to the fire, you couldn't see your face but you were 110% sure you were blushing, as red as a damn tomato. 

A/N : let me know if you have any requests and I'll write them as soon as I can

A/N : let me know if you have any requests and I'll write them as soon as I can. I mainly write as I go, so I don't really plan these out ahead of time, but I'll try with any requests or any ideas I come up with. WHO ELSE HAS AN UNHEALTHY OBSESSION WITH THORIN? No one? Just me? okay... Oh and I'm totally down with the reader being a heavy Disney fan like singing songs from almost any movie or having tattoos referencing to the hobbit or having the reader sing any songs from the hobbit soundtrack.