Lost, Then Found : The Unexpected Journey - Part 1

Requested by @dreamgirl678

This was a simple request of a modern reader that travels to Middle Earth only to find out later on in their journey, she happens to be Thorin' daughter who was sent to our world for protection when Smaug attacked the mountain. I decided, and I hope that's okay with the person who requested this, that I wanted to turn this into multiple parts and add a best friend as well. And because I'm writing this in short chapters, there will be, hopefully, a long epilogue once I'm done with the story.

This story is inspired by a fanfic I read on fanfiction.net called "Stirring the leaves" by Kindle-the-Stars. If you haven't read it, it's incredibly good, I wish I could write that good. It's definitely worth reading if you're interested in Thorin x modern!reader stories. But I wanted to mention this because their story was really good and I didn't want to write this without putting credit where its due. I will be using some of that story in here while changing a lot of parts so I'm not copying their writing.

Sorry if the beginning seems rushed but I really tried and can someone tell me what the plural word for 'dwarf' is? I've seen people use dwarves and other use dwarfs, so if anyone knows, please let me know for future writing. And don't hesitate on correcting my grammar, punctuation or a misspelled word or if you think I forgot a word in a sentence or added the same word twice because as thorough as I think I check my writing when I'm done, I know I still miss my mistakes here and there. And some of my information I get for these stories are usually based off google search and wikapedia pages. So if I get something wrong, please let me know as well.

And also I'm very curious, does anyone else listen to ambient music depending on what they're reading? Because when I try to find inspiration to write a story on here, I listen to Hobbit ambient music to get a feel of what I want to write. Like if you're reading pirate fiction, you listen to ocean sounds w/ seabirds and waves crashing onto to the side of the ship or listening to fight music when reading a fight scene. Or is that just me?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- READ AT YOU'RE OWN RISK IF YOU HAVEN'T READ OR SEEN THE HOBBIT -

^ ^ ^ NOT MY GIF ^ ^ ^

Gandalf stepped off the boat that sailed across the river, he turned to pay the ferryman and thanked him for taking him across. The ferryman began rowing back to Lake-town as Gandalf turned around and saw the mountain, Erebor. It truly was a sight to behold, and as impressive it seemed on the outside, it didn't compare to what the dwarfs have built on the inside. Gandalf started walking, using his walking stick as a walking cane, to Erebor as fast as his legs could carry him. He knew of the Arkenstone once rumors of the 'Kings' Jewel' has gotten out. Gandalf had a gut feeling that stone would doom not only their home but his people as well.