Winter War : The Egg pt. 2

A/N : I don't own any of these pictures/gifs. This is super long but I might end up making a part 3 to this even though there's gonna be so much in this part. Sorry for constant updates, I usually reread my stuff a few times before and after I publish them, and I'm also a grammar nazi so I try to fix any mistakes I forgot to fix before I updated the story.

Y/N P.O.V.

9 years later

I was running through the forest, trying to escape from my impending death. I heard the footsteps behind me getting closer and closer when suddenly, all I heard was my own. I stopped to look around and listened to see where it went. Hearing a rustling above me, I hesitantly look up to see a blur of a figure jump down from the trees, and by the time I saw who it was, Tauriel had already drawn her bow to me. She was smiling smugly, seeing there was no was I could escape, I slowly put my hands up in surrender.

 She was smiling smugly, seeing there was no was I could escape, I slowly put my hands up in surrender

"Surrender?" she said smiling. "Surrender." sighing as I replied, returning the smile. Tauriel sheathed her bow and put the arrow back in its quiver, "I told you, you couldn't out run me." she said while walking away, I walked along side her, "Yeah, well, you're how many centuries older than me? You've had a lifetime to learn everything you know." I said with a hint of attitude. "If it makes you feel better, you lasted longer than I thought. You ran much farther than last time." she reassured. For the past 12 years, since we met after the Smaug's destruction of laketown, she's been training me as an elf, to gain more fighting experience. Her and Kili are still waiting for Thorin's blessing to wed them, but his hatred for elves still runs deep. He tolerates her, to say the least, when she and I are walking together through Erebor or if Kili and her are spending time together. Thorin has admitted he enjoys seeing his nephew be happy, but his pride is stopping him from allowing their marriage.

Tauriel and I finally make it back to our horses and trot off back where we came. As we're riding down the dirt path, we pass by the cave of where my dragon lived. I used to be with her everyday, for hours at a time, whether it be before the sun rose or long after the moon was up. And it stayed that way until she was able to fly and hunt on her own. I began to visit her less, much to my dismay, I still got to see her on my days off, but only for an hour. Tauriel didn't know what was inside this mysterious cave I always seemed to stop by every day off. She trusted me enough to know I wasn't doing anything I wasn't supposed to, that's what she thought at least. I dismount my horse and hand the reigns to Tauriel. "You keep guard here and shout if there's trouble, I'll be back in an hour." she nods and dismounts her horse as well and stands guard by the entrance with her bow ready.

" she nods and dismounts her horse as well and stands guard by the entrance with her bow ready