An Old Friend : The Egg : Part 3

I am so sorry this took so long to get out, to be honest I actually deleted this entire part because when I started to reread, it was super cringey and just felt rushed through some parts and than there were parts that were dragged out or unnecessarily detailed so, i started fresh and hopefully you'll like this. I don't know if I'm going to do a part 4 or finale to this, since basically I wing it as I write but I think that's where I get my writer's block. So I'm going to plan these out better so any requested stories I work on don't get treated with the same lack of care I've been doing the others. So I hope you enjoy reading this part.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - PREVIOUSLY - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

(Y/N) looked around frantically trying to find a way to escape but the only two exits were blocked by orcs, she backed up until her lower back hit a wall. She turned around and saw the drop into the water and quickly looked around to see if there was any other way, but the orcs were dangerously close and no way around them. She took a deep breath and hopped on the edge of the wall, the orcs charged to her as she jumped.

 She took a deep breath and hopped on the edge of the wall, the orcs charged to her as she jumped

- 3rd Person P.O.V. -

Thorin watched as his One had jumped off the edge of the wall, trying to escape the hoard of orcs that were closing in on her. His rage quickly turned into blood lust as he and the others behind slayed the orcs in front of them, left to right. Once all the orcs were dead, they could still hear the battle below them continue, but Thorin had to make sure she was alright. He rushed to the edge of the wall and looked to the river below, frantically searching for (Y/N), but the current was too fast to see anything underneath the water.

Thranduil made his way to the top to tell (Y/N) that the orcs were beginning to flee but instead he was greeted with grim faces. Tauriel and Kili cried as they held each other seeking comfort, fearing the worst. Dwalin was hugging Thorin as they wept as well. Thorin's grip on the walls edge, whitened his knuckled as he continued to glare at the water, 'Why? Why did you do something so stupid? I was coming for you, had you given me time.' he thought to himself as the tears pooled from his eyes. 'Mahal, please let her be alright. I cannot lose her.'

Thranduil began to feel the sadness slowly fill him as well, the grief of losing a friend. However, he quickly regained his composure as he heard footsteps behind him. "Father." Legolas greeted finally catching up to him. The Elven King turned to his son, "What news of the orcs?" he asked stoically. "Our men are slaying as many as the orcs continue to flee. They seem to be heading in the direction of Isengard." Legolas told his father. He didn't seem to see what had happened seeing how his father was currently blocking his view. "Have our men search along the river for Queen (Y/N). See if Bard has any men to spare." Thranduil tells him. Legolas peered over his fathers shoulder to see the devastation of what might possibly be your demise. He looked back to his father, nodded in understanding, then ran off.