The Egg

MENTIONS OF BOTFA AND SPOILERS : YOU'VE BEEN WARNED

Time takes place 4 years after BOTFA

It had been nearly 6 years since you were taken away from your home, 5 years since you nearly died saving Thorin and his nephews from dying by Azog's hands, and 4 years since you and Thorin wed and Erebor had been reclaimed and rebuilt

It had been nearly 6 years since you were taken away from your home, 5 years since you nearly died saving Thorin and his nephews from dying by Azog's hands, and 4 years since you and Thorin wed and Erebor had been reclaimed and rebuilt. About a year of being married to Thorin and having queenly responsibilities dumped on you, you began to feel trapped and a bit claustrophobic. You started to spend most of your days off outside Erebor, yes the mountain was big enough to get lost in for days before any help came to you but you still felt the walls closing in.

At first, Thorin thought you were beginning to regret marrying him and wanted your freedom again. But after consulting with Balin about his doubts, Balin reassured that you were not used to all this responsibility and you were still considered young, so you still wanted to explore Middle Earth, even if you didn't get to go that far. Thorin felt relieved and never stopped you from exploring, but not before showing you how far you could explore before he felt you were unsafe and a few of the original company, mostly Ori, Nori, or Bofur, traveled with you. You didn't protest, to be honest, you thought he was going to stop you. He showed you how to send ravens, so if ever you were in trouble, you could quickly write your whereabouts and send the letter to Thorin.

- - - - - - Time Skip Because Reasons - - - - - -

Your next day off started off the same as any other. You woke an hour before Thorin, bathed and dressed and headed to the kitchen. You helped make breakfast, another thing Thorin tries to stop you from doing but you still did it regardless, hence why you wake up earlier than he does. After the food is made, Thorin, Fili, Kili, Dis, and you all eat, talking about you're all planning to do for the day. After everything's for the morning has been taken care of, you were off after you kissed Thorin goodbye and left him to his duties. Racing outside you meet Ori and Bofur on their horses waiting for you, "Good Morning, boys." you beamed at them. "Morning, Your Majesty." Ori said respectfully while handing you the reigns to your horse. You narrowed your eyes to him, "How many times do I have to tell you, call me (Y/N). You and everyone else in the company are all my friends, none of you need to treat any differently than before I became Queen." you told them, hopping on your horse and galloping off.

" you told them, hopping on your horse and galloping off