Chapter 5: Dusty Desert

10:00 a.m.

Inside a chamber of the ancient ruins of Dusty Desert, Elise is sitting on an edge of some ruins, with her hands placed on her knees. Ever since Eggman took her here, that's all she's been doing. Eggman had been busy with his robots, and he has no sympathy for the poor princess and won't even entertain her. 

Elise is on the verge of tears, but then remembers something her father told her: You're a good girl, Elise. Remember: be brave. Don't cry...no matter what happens. 

That's what her father told her before he passed away. Ever since then, Elise hasn't cried. Sometimes she came close, but remembering her dad's words has made her stronger. Her servants ended up taking care of her, and they did everything they could to make her happy; getting her presents, making new dresses, cleaning the castle, etc. 

Bringing her back to reality, a small part of the chamber blows up, entering Sonic and Tails. 

"Hi princess!" Tails greets her as he waves. 

Elise waves back to the fox and notices Sonic. "Mr. Sonic!" she says as she runs up to him and gives him a hug. 

"Just call me 'Sonic'," says the 12-year-old. 

"I'm so glad you came," Elise thanks him. 

"I always keep my word," replies Sonic. 

Tails interrupts them as he screams, "Um...Sonic?! There's a big robot dog behind us!" 

Sonic and Elise turn around and they see a giant mechanical dog sealed in a cage. Eggman walks in the room and says, "Well, well, well... It looks like a pesky rat has stuck its nose where it doesn't belong. Well, technically a hedgehog." 

"Get to the point, Egghead," Sonic says. 

"Fine," Eggman says. "The princess will be mine...until I unlock the secrets of the Flames of Disaster!" 

"Alright Eggman," Sonic starts. "Let's battle!" 

"Oh, you won't be battling me," says the human. "You'll be fighting against my Egg Cerberus!" 

Tails looks at the giant robot and asks, "Wait... THAT'S A CERBERUS?! CERBERUS HAD THREE HEADS! THAT THING ONLY HAS ONE!" 

"Yeah," Sonic agrees. "Didn't you do your research while making that robot?!" 

"I don't need to do research!" Eggman responds rudely. "I just thought it was a cool name!" 

"Yeah yeah," Sonic spits back. "Can we just fight?" 

------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile... 

Silver and Amy are also in Dusty Desert, looking for Sonic. 

"Sonic!" Amy screams. 

"Sonic!" Silver screams along. "Where are you?!" 

"Hold on," Amy says as she stops walking. "I sense Sonic's presence here." 

Man, that's creepy! Silver yells in his head about the pink hedgehog. 

"Call it my girlish intuition," Amy keeps talking. 

Girlish intuition? What is she talking about? Silver looks up and asks Amy, "How can you sense him?" 

Amy turns around. "Oh; Sonic and I have been living next to each other for seven years," she gleefully answers. "It's like I keep an imaginary tracking device in his ear or something."