Chapter 13: Saving Shadow

Monday, November 13; 11:45 a.m.

As Team Sonic landed back in Soleanna, another time-space rift opens in another part of the city, letting Rouge out. Shadow is stuck in the future because he saw Mephiles, so who knows when he'll come back? 

The white bat looks down at herself, seeing that her black leather jacket is a mess! Small tears in arms, smells like dirt... This might be a good time to go shopping! Shadow's in the future, the G.U.N. members aren't bothering her at the moment, so this is perfect! And in the nick of time, Rouge enters a retail store right near her. 

------------------------------------------------------

15 minutes later...

After she finishes shopping, Rouge walks out of the store, now wearing a black sleeveless crop top to show off her well-toned abs and diamond-encrusted navel ring. She also has on some black track shorts, black combat boots, and some black fingerless gloves. 

Her watch starts beeping, meaning there's a call from G.U.N. headquarters. She clicks on her watch and gets a call from the other end. 

"Agent Rouge?" Commander Tower says. "Report your status immediately. Have you retrived the Scepter of Darkness?"

Shoot! Rouge forgot! The scepter broke in Kingdom Valley! The only thing she can do now is come clean. She sighs, "I did, but then Eggman came by, and I accidentaly broke it." 

"YOU BROKE THE SCEPTER?!" the commander cries out. 

"I fell!" Rouge cries back. 

"I trusted you with this mission!" he scolds her. "Where's Shadow? I've been trying to contact him all day!" 

"Shadow's missing," the albino bat answers with sorrow. 

"WHAT?!" Tower screams. 

Rouge sighs. "It's a long story," she says, facepalming herself. "Is it okay if E-123 Omega helps out. I could really use it." 

Commander Tower sighs. "Fine," he says. "But if you two mess up, I will suspend you from G.U.N. Juniors from a month!" 

"I understand," says Rouge. 

"Good. We'll drop Omega off at Tropical Jungle." 

"Ew!" the bat starts complaning. "The jungle?! What if I catch a disease?" 

Commander Tower hangs up, as there's no way he's listening to Rouge whine about catching a disease. 

------------------------------------------------------

12:45 p.m.

As Rouge arrives in Tropical Jungle, she sees Omega walking around through the ruins. Rouge checks herself to see if she has any ticks or parasites. Man, she really shouldn't have worn this outfit in a jungle of all places. 

"No ticks," Rouge mutters to herself. "Good." 

She flies over to the black and red robot and waves to him. "Hello Omega," she greets him. "Long time no see." 

"Hello...Rouge," Omega greets her back with a slow voice. 

Rouge is startled by his voice. "Oh...my God!" she stumbles back. "What happened to your voice? You sound like a nerd!" 

"I have been...upgraded," answers Omega. "I have been given a different...voice...and the gift to...time...travel." 

"How convenient," Rouge comments. "Anyways, I need your help with something."