Chapter 11: What Are the Odds?

Tuesday, November 11, 2206; 7:30 a.m.

A purple teleport emerges from the sky, with Shadow and Rouge jumping out of it. The two agents look around, wondering where they're at. 

"Did we land in New York City," Rouge asks. "or is it just me?" 

"Not sure," answers Shadow. He notices something different about this location. Crumbling buildings, city filled with lava, a lack of people... "It looks like we're in the apocalypse." 

"Do you think a really terrible band or singer played here?" Rouge asks her friend. "Maybe that caused this...apocalypse." 

"I don't know," Shadow replies. "but whoever played here must have been worse than the crap we get on the radio these days." 

"Let's go see where we are," the bat suggests as she and Shadow run off.

------------------------------------------------------

A few minutes later, the G.U.N. agents are in a computer room, where Rouge is typing something. 

"Okay... Now that I've pinpointed our location," she begins. "Let's see what it is." 

The computer screens shows the location which reads, "Crisis City: the new name of Soleanna. This name was given do to always being engulfed in flames and looking destroyed." 

The teenagers read the text on the computer. Rouge is shocked at what she just read. "Crisis City?!" she shrieks. "How can that be?!" 

"That's what I want to know," Shadow responds. 

Rouge keeps reading the text. "It appears we've been sent to the future," she explains to him. "Approximately 200 years. We're in 2206!" 

"2206?" says Shadow. "You'd be dead before then." 

"Oh shut up," Rouge coaxes, then says, "At least we know we're in the future. And we know that this creepy Mephiles guy can control time." 

"That feels very similar to my Chaos Control for some reason," Shadow responds. "Luckily, I've been learning how to use Chaos Control to travel through time. But unfortunately, we need two Chaos Emeralds in order to do that." 

Rouge scoffs, "Well I guess we're stuck here then." 

Shadow nods as the agents hear some screaming and thuds in a distance. He looks around asking, "What was that?" 

------------------------------------------------------

8:00 a.m.

In a different room that looks similar to Eggman's base, Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles are on the floor, looking like they just fell. 

"My head is spinning..." Tails moans. 

"Where are we?" Knuckles asks as he stands up. The boys hear some footsteps from a higher ledge. 

"Hi, Knuckie!" a voice greets, using Knuckles' most hated nickname. "I didn't expect to see you guys here!" 

The guys turn around and see that the voice belongs to Rouge. And it looks like Shadow's here too, as the two freshmen are standing on the higher ledge. 

"Rouge; Shadow!" Tails smiles, happy to see them. Sonic and Knuckles, not so much. 

"Long time no see," says Rouge. 

Knuckles sighs and says to her, "Can you not call me 'Knuckie'? You know how much I hate that name." 

"I know," Rouge flirts to him. "but I think it's cute."