Chapter 14: Silver Finds Out

12:15 p.m.

Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles return to their hotel room, where Amy and Steve (Tails' dad) are sitting on the beds. 

"We're back!" Sonic announces. 

Amy looks up and smiles as she sees the blue hedgehog. "SONIC!" she screams as she gives him a tight hug. 

Sonic tries to get out of the girl's grasp, but she wouldn't budge. As Knuckles sees this, he taps on Amy's shoulder and tells her, "I think Sonic's turning blue." 

"What are you talking about?" Amy asks. "He is blue!" 

Knuckles sighs. "No," he says, recognizing his poor choice of words. "I think he's losing his breath." 

"Oh my goodness!" Amy cries as she lets go of Sonic. 

The 12-year-old catches his breath and starts walking to the bathroom. "I'm gonna go take a shower." 

"No way!" Knuckles argues, blocking his friend's path. "I should take a shower first!" 

Then Tails gets in the conversation. "But I'm the youngest!" he yells out. "So therefore, I should go first!" 

"No way, little boy!" Knuckles says to the fox. "Which one of us was the first to go through puberty?" 

Tails is uncomfortable. "Uh..." 

Sonic butts in, "And whose adventure in Soleanna was the longest? Hmm?" 

"Guys, stop!" Tails shouts. "Why don't we let Amy decide who showers first?" 

Sonic and Knuckles turn to Amy, who has awkwardly been standing with her hands behind her back, watching her male friends fight. Sonic turns to Tails and says, "Good compromise, buddy." 

Knuckles then asks the pink girl, "Alright, Amy; which one of us should shower first?" 

"Sonic, of course," Amy answers with no hesitation. 

"WHAT?!" Knuckles and Tails shriek in unison. 

"Why?!" screams the red echidna. 

"Because I love him!" Amy yells, then calmly adds, "And besides, Sonic did say he had the longest adventure in Soleanna. And I'll bet he smells bad, too." 

Sonic takes a quick sniff at his armpit and covers his nose and mouth. "You're right, Ames," Sonic says, voice muffled through his hand. "I'd better get in the shower." 

As the 12-year-old walks to the bathroom, Tails pulls Knuckles' arm and drags him out of the room. Knuckles looks down to the fox, "Dude, what was that for?" 

"Do you remember seeing Blaze and that white hedgehog in the future?" Tails asks the echidna, who nods in response. "Good. Those two got sent here by that Shadow look-alike." 

"Yeah, I know," says Knuckles. "I was there eavesdropping with you." 

Tails nods. "I think we should find Blaze and-" 

"Strangle her?" Knuckles interrupts, smiling. 

"No," Tails sighs. "We need to talk to her." 

"And then we strangle her?" Knuckles wonders again. 

Tails sighs and facepalms himself after hearing Knuckles' stupidity. This plan will take a while. 

------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, Mephiles is still in the fortune telling store. He is watching a scene with Elise and an ugly-looking male human from his psychic orb. Why, you may ask?