Chapter 6: The Date

12:20 p.m.

As Sonic is still carrying Elise, they enter an open grassy field. As Sonic runs up a hill, he stops and puts Elise down. 

"I have no words to express how grateful I am for your help," the princess thanks him. She then notices Sonic holding his arm in pain. "Are you okay? You look hurt!" 

"Don't worry about it," says Sonic. "It's probably just from holding you too long." 

"Don't say that," Elise says as she massages the hedgehog's arm. "I'm sorry. This is all my fault..." 

"I said 'don't worry about it'," Sonic replies. "Just smile." 

"Smile?" Elise wonders to herself. No one has ever told her that before... 

A butterfly suddenly flies over and lands on Sonic's nose, making the princess smile. Sonic notices her and says, "See? Your smile... That's all I need." 

The butterfly flies away from them, and they start walking. Sonic begins the conversation by asking, "Eggman mentioned something about a Flames of Disaster. Is that why he's after you?" 

"Yes; the name of the sun god our country honors is 'Solaris'," Elise explains. "It is told that Solaris' rage would destroy the world." 

"That's crazy!" Sonic interrupts. "I've run really fast, and I haven't even come close to breaking the sound barrier!" 

Elise shakes her head. "Solaris is not like that... His wrath comes in the form of the Flames of Disaster," she continues. "Ten years ago, we almost faced the full force of his fury. I was a child then, so I don't remember it very well. I also lost my father at the time... And now Dr. Eggman is trying to cause the same disaster again! What can I do?" 

"I don't know what to say..." Sonic responds, feeling conflicted. "What happened to your mom? Was she ever around?" 

"No," answers the upset princess. "She died when I was a baby. I barely knew her..." 

Sonic stands there, thinking of a way to cheer her up. Finally having an idea in his head, he grabs Elise's hand, and almost drags her as begins to run. 

"Sonic?" Elise starts. "Sonic, wait! I can't run that fast!" 

The hedgehog turns his head saying to her, "Don't worry; just raise your head and run!" 

After a few minutes of running, Sonic and Elise are laying down in the grassy fields. Sonic turns to the princess asking, "Feels great, doesn't it?" 

"Yes," Elise answers, catching her breath after running. "I-I've never run so fast before." 

"Nothing starts until you take action," says the blue blur. 

"What do you mean?" the princess questions, sitting up. 

"What I mean is... If you have time to worry, then run!" Sonic answers. 

Elise slightly chuckles and says, "Then I might have to get some running shoes." 

Sonic smiles as continues staring into the clouds, peacefully enjoying the moment. 

------------------------------------------------------

And that's Chapter 6! Remember to vote and comment!