Chapter 9: Sonic the Rebel (Sort Of)

3:15 p.m.

Silver is sitting on the harbor steps, still thinking about what happened between him and Amy earlier, and how heartbroken she was when she found out he tried to murder Sonic. 

"So this is where you are," a feminine voice says to him. 

The white hedgehog looks up and sees that his voice belongs to Blaze. "Blaze?" he questions. 

"I've been looking for you," says the lavender cat. 

"Yeah right," Silver disagrees. "You probably went to go get your nails done." 

"Actually, I was at the beach yesterday," Blaze begins explaining. "then I went to the Sun Festival, only for someone to crash the party, and then I went to a hotel and stayed there." 

Silver nods in response, head still turned to the shore. 

"And then I went to go get my nails done," Blaze concludes. Silver sighs, with Blaze asking, "What's wrong? Did something happen today?" 

Silver still ponders as he stares at the shore. Should he tell her what happened? He had suffered through so much in the past 15 or so hours! He was hugged by a nine-year-old girl, who dragged him to a desert of all places, wasted an hour and a half on a stupid ball puzzle, and when he finally finds the Iblis Trigger, he's stopped by the same girl! Then that annoying twit tells him that she would rather have the Iblis Trigger destroy the world than have Silver kill him again! 

"Let's just say I've been through a lot," answers the white hedgehog. He then turns to Blaze and asks, "Um...Blaze, can I ask you something?" 

"Sure," she says. "You can ask me anything." 

He takes a deep breath and questions, "To kill someone to save the world... Is that really the right thing to do?" 

Blaze sits down next to him and puts her hand on her head in frustration. "You're so naïve," she comments to the 12-year-old. 

Silver turns to her and quickly defends himself. "I'm not naïve," he raises his voice. "My friends think I'm cool!" 

"Well they thought wrong, moron!" Blaze snaps back. 

"Will you stop being so mean?" Silver pleads. "I just want to know if I'm doing the right thing!" 

Blaze takes a deep breath to calm herself. After she finishes that, she explains to him, "Whether what you're doing is right or wrong, I can't really say. But what I do know is... If we don't take this chance, the future will remain exactly as it is." 

Silver is amazed at the 11-year-old princess. He smiles, asking, "How did you become so wise for your age?" 

"Actually, I wasn't sure what I was saying myself," Blaze responds. "Anyways, where did you see this 'Iblis Trigger' last?" 

"In the castle area about 45 minutes ago," the hedgehog answers, keeping in mind that Blaze assumes he found Sonic. "He was with the Soleanna princess of all people, but then she got taken away by this giant flying vehicle with hands!" 

Blaze is very familiar with the flying vehicle with hands. "You mean Dr. Eggman?" she questions. 

"Who?" Silver asks, trying to hold in his laughter. "What kind of name is 'Dr. Eggman'?!"

Blaze lowers her head. "No one knows," she says. "and I hear his base is somewhere in White Acropolis." 

Silver suddenly has an idea in his head. Dr. Eggman kidnapped the princess, and he did see Sonic run after the two. "Actually, I did see the Iblis Trigger run after them," he explains with determination. "I say we should go to White Acropolis to see if he's there!"