Chapter 12: Finding the Chaos Emeralds

Tuesday, November 11, 2206; 1:05 p.m.

Back in the future, Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles are walking around inside a ruined building. They've been searching for a Chaos Emerald for five hours and no luck! 

"I can't take it anymore!" Knuckles screams out of the blue. 

Sonic and Tails are startled by the echidna's yelling. "Dude," says Sonic. "Settle down. We'll find a Chaos Emerald soon." 

"You've been saying that for the past five hours!" Knuckles complains. "I hate this place! Ruins everywhere, no sign of civilization, no food! I'm starving, damn it!" 

"Knuckles, watch your language!" Sonic scolds his friend. "Did you forget that Tails is with us?" 

"Guys, be quiet!" Tails tells them. "I hear people in a different room!" 

Sonic and Knuckles walk over to the seven-year-old fox, whose head is peered behind a doorway. The other room shows Silver and Blaze, talking to some black/dark gray hedgehog, who looks suspiciously like Shadow. 

"If I eliminate that guy, will our world be saved?" Silver asks the hedgehog. 

The hedgehog nods in response. "The Day of Disaster... Here are my records of this event." He turns on the computer above them, which shows images of Soleanna (as it was 200 years ago). 

As that goes on, Tails whispers, "What's Blaze doing here?" 

"I don't know!" Sonic whispers back. "But do you see the white hedgehog?" 

"Yeah," Tails and Knuckles respond. 

"That guy tried to kill me earlier," says the blue hedgehog. 

"No way!" Tails exclaims quietly. 

"...And you have this person to blame," the no-mouthed hedgehog says, giving Silver a purple psychic orb. 

After looking into the orb, Silver asks, "Is the blue hedgehog the Iblis Trigger?" 

The black hedgehog nods in response. Sonic and his friends can't believe what they just witnessed! The green-eyed hedgehog whispers, "So that's why that idiot tried to kill me!" 

"Even worse," Knuckles adds. "I think Blaze believed that creepy guy!" 

"Now..."  the black hedgehog says. "Let's go back in time to when the Iblis Trigger was alive." 

The three magically vanish from a sphere formed by the creepy guy's hands. After they leave, Team Sonic enter the room, relieved to use their regular voices. 

"There was something off about that guy," Knuckles says, scratching his chin. 

"Was it because he didn't have a mouth?" asks Sonic. 

"No..." says the red echidna. "He looked a lot like Shadow." 

Sonic laughs. "Well I guess that guy could be Shadow's long-lost twin brother!" 

Tails types something on the computer, until he comes across something odd. "Um...guys," he says. "You might want to see this article." 

The middle-schoolers run up to the computer to see what's up. "What is it, Tails?" Sonic asks. 

"This article says that the princess died when she was kidnapped by Eggman," Tails explains. "Apparently Eggman's battleship crashed and exploded! It also says after she died, the Flames of Disaster was released, causing the world to be one big apocalypse!" 

"That's insane!" cries Knuckles. 

"When did this happen, anyways?" Sonic asks his young friend.