Plot Twist, It's Dragons

The door to the mountain abode flew open in a quick swing that shan't be possible for a door that grand to reveal a young goddess with a 20-ton load of valuables behind her. She looked into her massive, self-made temple crammed packed with piles of things of vital importance to the goddess such as plenty of diverse herb for a multitude of uses, metal, weapon, a plethora of books, riches, and to top it all off, literally, an amphiptere by the name of D'Node that came from the caves of Europe who slept in a canopy above it all, taking in as much of the sun that came through the domed window roof as possible. Different, but possible.

The goddess huffed, turned, then started to drag the clustered items inside, sorting them as she went. As she finishes, she looked at the large bag of bags of gold she had swiped from the town's person in a quick swipe of hand. D'Node rustled from his resting place at the jingle sound of the coins had inevitably made.

"What do you have there, little one," The dragon peaked only his slender head over the side of his nesting, "Anything of worth?"

"Twas a large hall, today. Think I've got something for you."

"Good--" D'Node yawned, stretching out across the hanging canopy, "--You never disappoint."

"Gratitude expressed immensely." The goddess smiled, tossing up a quarter of the gold to D'Node.

The dragon smiled, curling his lips upward into a sharp-tooth smile, happily taking the gold for himself, disappearing into the canopy once more.

The goddess finished placing the newly gotten things into their presumed places, dumping the gold into its safety. The goddess turned and heaved herself up the two sets of platform stairs to the small space she a put for herself for her resting quarters that just so happened to be behind D'node's canopy alcove. Taking a moment to look at the dragon, she sits on the little edge space between the canopy and the pathway of space leading to her quarters. Taking her hand she runs it along the amphiptere's tail, feeling the rough, purple chromed scales.
D'Node looks up from his rest and sees his small companion busied with admiring his tail. "Little one," He says, "What are you doing?"

The immortal did not respond, as to no an answer she had not.
"Rest," D'Node says.

The goddess nodded and stood, leaving for her chambers, and letting her fingers linger behind her on the polished walls as she turned the corner.

------------------

Two young, dark-haired immortals sat in a garden of sanctuary under a grand tree reading two vastly different books in the light of clear earthen midday. One reading a book about nature and the mythos of the outside realms and the other reading a story about war, loss, and two people achieving both.

To the outside perspective, the two looked as if they were just to people reading books in one another's vicinity, detached from one another, but to the two they were completely content sitting beside one another, indulging themselves in a bit of knowledge that danced around in both books' pages. They knew that they both were completely aware of each other and their emotions, keeping tabs on if they changed.

The immortal who was reading the fictitious story spoke up, "What do you think of me?"

The other, lifted her eyes from her page with crossed eyebrows, "Whatever do you mean?"

"I dunno," He, the other immortal, shrugged and closed in in his page.

"What happened?"

"Well... there have been rumors among my father and the nobles," The immortal's voice grew quiet. "... and..."

"Oh, dear--" She placed her book down quickly and faced the other immortal completely, "--You should know better than to believe whatever they may say."