Chapter 11

"Fuck you!" I screamed behind him, knowing that he wouldn't be able to hear me with the door closed.

Steve stomped back into the living room and barked, "You're Dally's sister?! Why the fuck didn't you tell us?!"

"I just got fuckin' screamed at by him, and I ain't about to get screamed at by you!" I roared in response, fighting the urge to tackle Steve.

"Calm down!" Darry yelled, standing up from the armchair.

Steve rolled his eyes. "She's can't just fuckin'-"

"It's her business, Steve. Let it be," Darry said calmly, glancing back at me. I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms.

"What happened? Do you feel alright?" Two-Bit asked, noticing the fact that I was beaten up.

"Got jumped. I'm fine," I grumbled.

"Do you need anythin'?" he asked, his voice full of worry.

I shook my head, just wanting to be left alone after that embarrassing thing that I called my brother.

"I better go home," I muttered eventually, knowing that Dad would be mad if I wasn't there soon.

Two-Bit stood up and grabbed his keys. "I'll give you a ride."

"I don't want one, thanks."

"It wasn't a question. Those socs could still be around and I ain't riskin' you gettin' jumped again."

I huffed and rolled my eyes, then just nodded at him. Sure, I was pouting like some baby, but did I care? Nope.

We got into his Plymouth. It barely started, then crawled along the road.

"Uh, Ava, I know that you ain't in the greatest mood right now, but, um, I wanted to say sorry 'bout you gettin' jumped and all... uh, I guess if I had given you a ride it wouldn't have happened..."

I smiled and replied, "It's not your fault." I looked out the window and saw dad's house. "Stop up the road a little."

"Where's your house?"

"Right there." I pointed to the piece of shit. "But if Dad sees me get out of an unfamiliar car, he won't be very happy."

Two-Bit nodded and drove to the end of the street, then let me out.

"See you later?" he asked, sounding hopeful.

I nodded and replied, "See you later." I almost walked away, but turned and added, "Can you tell them I'm sorry about Dallas? I didn't know that y'all knew him and he's gonna assume the worst if you know what I mean."

Two-Bit smiled. "Yeah, I'll tell them. And don't worry, Dally's gonna get over himself and stop bein' an asshole."

I woke up knowing that I needed a hot shower to help with some of my pain. In my opinion, a hot shower could fix anything.

I had more bruises than before thanks to Dad, but at least I could blame them on the socs. Apparently, even though Two-Bit dropped me off up the street, Dad had seen me in his car, and he hadn't been happy about it.

I got out of the shower just in time for the phone to start ringing. I pulled on clothes and answered it, hoping the ringing wouldn't wake Dad up.

"Hello?"

"Is this Ava?" Martha, Jackson's Mom, asked, sounding slightly panicked. I swear, every time she called me, it was the most last-minute thing ever.

"Yes, do you need me to get Jackson?" I asked, knowing I could use the money.

"Yes, please, and I'm sorry this is so late, but some things just came up, and Jerry and I have to leave town for the day."

"That's fine, Mrs. Everette."

I picked Jackson up, and as soon as his parents were out of earshot, he was begging to go to the Curtis'. I agreed, and we went on our way to see those idiots I had begun to call friends.

We got there a few minutes later and he immediately ran inside, yelling something about chocolate cake. My head hurt, so I went inside, hoping to find some medicine I could take for my head. I figured it was from the beating I'd taken the night before, possibly leaving me with a concussion.

"Is that Jackson?!" Two-Bit yelled, just as excited as Jackson was.

Two-Bit got the kid cake as I sat down in the armchair, closing my eyes. The night before had been almost sleepless. I'd been kept awake by aches and pains, all new bruises and welts forming.

I heard the door open and someone walk inside.

"What the fuck is this?" Dallas hissed. I opened my eyes to see him looking at Jackson.

I rolled my eyes and replied sarcastically, "It's called a kid, Dallas, and I hope to god you never have one."

"Hi, I'm Jackson!"

"I hate kids," Dallas grumbled in response, then added as an afterthought, "Almost as much as I hate my sister tryin' to fuck my friends."

"Watch your mouth! And that didn't even happen," I lied, closing my eyes again.

"Do you like Mickey Mouse?" Jackson asked Dallas, and I heard Dallas laugh.

"I like Mickey Mouse just 'bout as much as I like my fuckin' father, kid. So not at all. Now go bother someone else."

"Don't be such an assh- I mean butthole," Two-Bit snapped. "He's just a kid."

"You don't tell me what to do. Not after you tried to fuc-"

"Who wants to eat food?!" Pony yelled awkwardly, probably trying to save Jackson from hearing those two argue. I silently thanked Pony, even if his approach was a bit obvious.

"I do!" I yelled enthusiastically, then stood up. I wasn't hungry at all, but I was hoping to escape my idiot brother.

"I'm fine," Dallas growled and crossed his arms.

Everyone else that was at the house agreed that they were hungry, so we set out to walk to the Dingo.

I wanted to congratulate my friend @hobiluver338 for her story, called New girl, getting to 1k reads!! If any of you guys are in the BTS fandom, you should go check it out!