Chapter Fifteen: Group Talk

Sixteen days to the wedding.

"How was your exam? I hope it went well?"  I tap my table as I speak to Safiyya. She wrote an entrance exam to Baze university yesterday.

"It was fine. Breezy in fact. They even gave us a tour after the exam. I pick Baze. I feel like I'll be at home there." I smile at her enthusiasm, a couple of weeks back she didn't want to go anywhere else other than University of Abuja.

"Ya Affy, when are they bringing the lefe?"

" My mother said they are coming tomorrow. So I'll leave the house pretty early to make someone up for her wedding anniversary then I'll go to the house of a friend of mine in Maitama." She exhales and goes quiet. I intend to surprise her this time around. When I was marrying husband number one, I couldn't invite Safiyya because she was a child. Now she's all grown and I want her by my side. How I'll do it is the only bone of contention.

"Safiyya, don't worry. Everything is going to be fine. In sha Allah." She'll be properly surprised when I am finished.

I end the call and go back to making orders. A few minutes later my phone chimes with a message. I take a look at it immediately. This days I check my messages immediately they come in because of Ajìkè.

However, it's the group chat Ajìkè created after we all met at her house.

Ya Ajike: Asalam Alaykum people.

Me: Walaikum salam sister. How are you doing today, how's the baby doing? 

I sat back in my chair and laid my head on the headrest, my orders totally forgotten.

Ya Nussy: Salam Bishes, Ajike, how's you doing?

Ya Ajike: I'm fine oo. My body is so ready to expel this baby out. After this baby. I'm never getting pregnant again.

Me: 😂😂😂

Ya Nussy: You lie.  That was what you said when you had Khayrat. You liar of the century. 😯😕

Ya Ajike: I'm not lying. It's just that I don't what to give birth before Afrah's wedding. I still want some party jollof rice and moi moi.  Muad'h is pretty strict about my diet this days.

Ya Nussy: More like he's pretty strict about everything when you are pregnant. Man's so in love with you. All that he needs to have is googly eyes. 😅😅

Ya Ajike: Pray that jealousy doesn't kill you. My husband loves me. Thank you. Jealousy Oshi.

Me: 😂😂😐May we have men that love us this much by our side forever.

Ya Nussy: My crush is an amazing man. He'll do right by you. Don't be so scared.

Ya Ajìkè : That's what I've been telling her about Adeel.  He's such an amazing man.

Ya Nussy: And that banging hot body. He's so hot 😱 😋

I sigh in trepidation, all I get about Adeel is glowing reviews, when will someone tell me if he's an ogre or something. What if he hides under all his good boy persona.